PDA

View Full Version : Booster Seat Recommendation

lcburnstx
02-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Can someone recommend a booster seat for a 5 1/2 year old, 32lb daugther for travel purposes. (We have Young Sports which I'm not interested in carrying on a plane - way too heavy!) I like the Compass 510 which folds but is it a quality product. Britax definitely has the safety reputation for 5 pts, but what about boosters?

Another follow-up question is whether a list exists of quality boosters with true side impact protection.

Thanks.

PS-I know I can't use it on the plane. I'm looking for something to carry-on to avoid the risk of lost luggage and something safe since she's only 32 lbs.

ajweeks
02-01-2007, 09:14 PM
What about the Safeguard Go? It would be very light and easy to travel with. Since your daughter still fits in the Young Sport, I'm assuming with the harness, then she should have plenty of room in the Safeguard Go. How much more height growing room does she have left in the Young Sport harness? The Safeguard Go is a 5 pt. harness that converts to a backless booster when the harness is outgrown.

lcburnstx
02-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Do you know the harness heights on the SafeGo? She is very close to outgrowing the Young Sport's harness height.
Thanks.

kellyotn
02-03-2007, 11:46 AM
The GO's top harness position is only 17" per their website. So, it is equal to or a bit less than what you have now. :(

oneplustwo
02-21-2007, 08:22 PM
You have my daughter! Not only that, we were asking almost the exact same question on the boards -- I posted on 1/31 in BB Car Seats section. My DD is also 5.5, weighs 33 lbs. and is still in her 5-pt. convertible, but I was looking for a booster that I could take while travelling. I got some great suggestions. Here's the thread:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=13&topic_id=56091#56092

The Monarch might be a good choice for you since it separates and would be easy to carry. The RideSafer Travel Vest is another possibility.

I ended up getting a Parkway. It doesn't fold or break down into parts, but it's light enough for us to take with us while flying, has that all-important side-impact protection, and will be used for occasional use in DH's car after our trip. Lots of people here seem to like it. My DD loves it, says it's very comfy. We've decided that it's like an astronaut's seat!

I will be very curious to hear what you ultimately decide; let me know if you can!

Best,
Anne
mom to DD, 8/01 and DS1 and DS2, 11/03