PDA

View Full Version : What's after the Roundabout...

HelenD
02-09-2007, 10:31 AM
I have a 3.5 yo daughter who just hit 40lbs and she's gotten too tall for the Roundabout. Her normal car seat (in my car) is a Marathon, and that's still just fine (we both love it). We have a Roundabout in my husband's car, which she is in maybe once a week (at most). What would you recommend we replace the Roundabout with? I really hesitate to get another Marathon (I wish I'd just gotten 2 to begin w/ BUT...that's neither here nor there).

My best guess after reading thru the postings is the Apex 65 / Alpha Elite. TIA for all your help.

Scatterbunny
02-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Your dd is still below the second-to-top slots on the Marathon, right? Or else right over?

What vehicle does your dh drive (year, make and model)?

What vehicle is the Marathon in?

I'd go with a Regent for the main car, probably, and move the Marathon to dh's car. My dd also hit 40 pounds at exactly 3.5 years old and is in a Husky now (same as Regent, different name), and we love it. She would have outgrown a Marathon by height by her 5th birthday, but will fit in a Husky/Regent until she's 8, at least.

There are other options, though. Just get back to us on how she fits the MA and the vehicle info. :o)

JBaxter
02-11-2007, 08:13 AM
I have the Apex and the Radian. Nathan is 40 in and 40 lbs. You do need high back seats for the apex ( its our secondary seat) but works really well

I just got the Sunsine Radian and I really like the seat. Its a narrow seat and actually folds in half for travel/storage They have them at albee baby for 179 w/ free shipping the Apex is 109. Both seats can be 5pt harnessed to 65lbs.

HelenD
02-12-2007, 10:46 AM
She's about 39 inches tall (I'm estimating on that). My husband's car is a 2001 Chev. Lumina. The Marathon is in a 2001 Honda Odyessy. Her head is just below the top of the Marathon, and we are just about ready to move her to the top slots in that.

Thanks so much.

wendmatt
02-16-2007, 06:17 PM
DD just outgrew her roundabouts and I got a Radian for DHs car (we wanted something narrower than a regent so we could still fit 2 passengers in the back if we needed to) and have ordered a Regent for my car. I like the radian but it only fits in my car with latch, so if your's is a 2001 it prob doesn't have latch and might not fit so well (or it might fit great!), so might be a good idea to try it at a store or order from Target so you can return it if you need to. I still haven't got the Regent so I can't comment on that one yet! People here do love it though and it seems to fit up to about 9 years old.