PDA

View Full Version : two questions, height limit on triumph and harnessed boosters

happyjess
02-09-2007, 05:27 PM
My son (almost 4) is in a Roundabout and I just realized yesterday he is 40" tall now and that's the height limit on that seat. Does that mean I need to get a new seat this weekend or what?

After realizing this, I knew I needed to find out about the Evenflo Triumph also as that is his grandparent's seat and he rides in their car at least once a week. I can't find it on the Evenflo website and the g-parents lost the manual.

I went to BRU yesterday and checked out the Apex. I am so accustomed to the Britax ease of use and so I didn't really like it. I am inclined to get the biggest Britax for our car, however I would love to get my son some cupholders which only seem to come on boosters (harnessed or not). I am determined to keep him harnessed as long as possible.

Is the Apex the only harnessed booster that goes above 40 lbs.? Is there a seat that meets my ideals that I haven't read about: harnesses over 40 lbs., cupholders, easy to use harness. I think the Apex is a good choice for the grandparents car, great price point, etc.

We drive one car only: a Honda Element.

Thank you so much!

Jessica

Scatterbunny
02-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Height limits on carseats are not set-in-stone like weight limits are. What matters when it comes to height is that shoulders are even with or below the top slots and that the tips of the ears are below the top of the seat shell.

So your son may have some room in the Roundabout and Triumph. What matters most is the top slot height and seat shell height compared to his shoulder level and height of the tips of his ears when in the seats.

If he still fits heightwise and is under 40 pounds, he still has some time in those seats, even if he is technically over the height limit. Those height limits are made based on the "average" child, but some kids are all torso and others are all legs, others more evenly proportioned, so it's impossible to set a height limit that applies to all kids.

The Apex is the only higher weight limit harnessed seat that converts to a booster.

What is the year, make and model of the grandparents' car?

How is your son fitting the Roundabout and Triumph, heightwise, compared to the top slots?

Knowing those things will help narrow down choices.

I would personally probably go with a Britax Regent for your Element and continue using either the Roundabout or Triumph as long as he still fits in the grandparents' car. If he doesn't fit those anymore, it will depend on the year/make/model of the grandparents' car if the Apex will work.