PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to Europe -- Need Car Seat Help!

kroppink
02-25-2007, 03:40 PM
It looks like I'm heading to Germany with my 3-year-old son & my mother in just 2 months! At home, we have a Sunshine Radian seat. There will likely be at least a couple occasions in Germany when we'll need to ride in a car or taxi. What should we do? I know I can use the Radian on a plane (we've done it before)... but I have no way of knowing if I'll get it installed in a car in Germany. And if it's a taxi... I can't really see the taxi driver letting me spend 15 min trying to figure out how to install my car seat! Also, I know the Radian doesn't always install well without LATCH & I don't even know if they have that standard in Europe.

How does one handle this?? Any advice??? Thanks so much!!

My son will have just turned 3 when we go on this trip. He is currently about 37 inches & about 34 lbs. Can we do a booster of some sort?

postmodernmommy
03-03-2007, 07:50 PM
FWIW I have friends that have traveled back & forth from USA to Germany since their kids were born 5 years ago. I know they have taken infant seats (an Evenflo), a Britax Roundabout & a Britax Parkway with them and used them over there with no issues. I have no idea what types of transportation they were in once they were there. Hopefully they'll work just fine but I would have a seat with me that can install just fine with a seatbelt in case you don't have LATCH there. I also think your son is way too young for a booster, even if it's just for that trip. His measurements at just turning three might barely meet the seat requrements, but a child that young is far too immature to sit in the seat properly. I'm sure more techs might chime in on this soon, this board doesn't get a ton of traffic so you might want to cross post it on the car seat boards.

Good luck,
Amy :)