PDA

View Full Version : for traveling and future use

sunflowerseeds
04-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Hello,
My DD is 4.5 years old and 43" tall and around 40lbs. Currently we use Britax Husky [I think they renamed them Regent now?] in our Camry. We're traveling to Disneyland next month and need a car seat just for the taxi rides between the airport and hotel. I want to invest in something that will be good for these traveling situations and also for her when she will give up her Husky/Regent for her growing younger brother. I hoping to stick with a 5point harness type seat.

Where would I start?

Thanks in advance!

ajweeks
04-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Actually for your daughter's age and weight, I would recommend getting a belt positioner booster for travel. The only 5 pt. harness options that will fit her and will be good for travel are:

Sunshine Kids Radian $180 -- can be hard to install in some cars, so won't be the best for quick taxi rides

SafeguardGo $180 -- requires a top tether for harness mode, otherwise it is a backless booster. Also probably harder in taxis if they don't have latch, but you could use it as a backless booster if you couldn't get a good install. Would be very easy to travel with.

RideSafer Travel Vest -- I'm not sure if this requires a tether or not, but would be easy to travel with.

For boosters:

Graco Turbobooster--you can check the back with your luggage and then carry on the bottom part (it fits in the overhead) just in case your luggage gets lost you'll still have the backless.

Compass B510--a folding booster.

ajweeks
04-12-2007, 08:25 AM
I just checked the instructions for the Ride Safer Travel Vest and you don't need a tether if you are using the lap and shoulder belt. You only have to use the tether if it is a lap belt only install.

sunflowerseeds
04-13-2007, 02:59 AM
Thank you for your help...will check out Safeguard GO and TurboBooster, and compass B510.
Back to more research...