PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing carseat!!

Momof2
05-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Hi, I have a DD in a Roundabout and a DS in a Graco Snugride. DS (6 months, 17 lbs) is about to grow out of the Snugride so I need to purchase a new carseat for DD so that DS can move into the Roundabout. DD is 2 years 9 months, 29 lbs, 37 inches. Problem is that our backseat is a tight fit with Britax carseats. (We have a Honda CRV) We have to really push the front seat forward (and my husband is tall), plus I like to ride in the back between the seats sometimes and that is difficult as it is with the seats that we have. I heard about the Sunshine Kids Radian. Does anyone know if it reclines? Any other good options? BTW, my DD likes to nap in the car, so I'd like something comfortable for her. Thanks!

katiesmommy
05-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Sounds like Radians are a good choice for you. Forward or Rear facing? As far as I know the Radian reclines. Many people love it, but fair warning, it's known to be kind of a booger to install in some vehicles.

Momof2
05-04-2007, 06:55 AM
We are using the Roundabout FF now. Is the Radian tougher to install FF or RF? What you think about the Graco Cargo?

wendmatt
05-06-2007, 07:41 PM
The radian is nice and narrow, so would be great for sitting next to. I'm not sure about the recline FF, it def has one for RF. We have it sitting upright and DD does nap in it sometimes. It is not as good for napping as the roundabout but she seems to do OK in it and says it's comfortable. Ours fits well in the center of DHs Ford Escape with latch and it fit well outboard in my Toyota Echo with latch. I couldn't get it tight in the middle with the seatbelt in my Echo. I like that it will keep DD harnessed for a lot longer and it's a really nice seat.