PDA

View Full Version : Booster Seat questions...help!

millerpjm
05-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Ok, I must admit I haven't done a lot of research into booster seats yet for my 4YO DS because I bought Regents for my car and DH's car. My questions are in regards to an occasional use seat for the grandparents' cars. I was looking at a Compass 505 today at Target, and was wondering if it would work for DS, but I have some questions.

1. The weight for this booster is 30-100 pounds. My 4YO DS is 31 pounds dripping wet. Is he too light to use a booster?

2. Do booster seats use latch or hook into the car with seatbelts, or do they just sit there on the seat?

Any other suggestions? I have a Graco Platinum Cargo which I don't like, it is difficult to unclip and the harness does not easily adjust. (I'm so spoiled with Britax carseats!) I'd love to get something that goes in easily because I trade the seat between 2 sets of grandparents. TIA!

Jen

SnuggleBuggles
05-28-2007, 03:34 PM
I have the Compass B510 which is the only model with side impact protection (I'm pretty sure) so that's why I chose it.

I'd probably keep using the Graco till he got bigger as the longer they are harnessed the better/ safer.

My booster just sits there and you do the seat belt over it. No other latching or hooking up.

Beth