PDA

View Full Version : evenflo generations

hedyl1234
06-04-2007, 07:59 AM
if you have an evenflo generations combo seat, what do you think of it? i need to switch my 10 month old to my 3 year old's roundabout and i have to get the 3 year old a new seat (with a harness since she's not 30 lb yet). i'm trying to decide between that and the graco platinum cargo. i've heard the generations armrests are flimsy. any thoughts? thanks.
Hedy

tjham
06-08-2007, 07:54 PM
I have both as spares and like them OK but for just a little more $, you could get a FP Safe Voyage and get a lot longer from it! My 6 yr old granddaughter is 38 lbs so I'm facing what to do. We have 2 FPSVD seats (love 'em!) and a MA which will last her a much longer time.

Actually I have the Bolero (like the Generations but a little less padded and no recline) It has high harness slots and padded OK. It has the Triumph style knobs for adjustment. I'm not crazy about the knobs but they are OK. It is supposed to make a very good booster but I want to keep her harnessed longer. I haven't noticed the armrests being a problem.

I like the Platinum Cargo much better but it does not make a good booster. It also has high top slots. It has the regular front harness adjuster.

momtoB
06-23-2007, 02:17 PM
My ds uses the Bolero in my MIL's car. He's 4yrs 2mos old, 42.5" and has a 16"torso so he's almost outgrown this seat by height. He's 34lbs so I will probably need to buy another seat w/taller top slots for him soon (Regent or possibly one of the new Recaros). The armrests are kind of flimsy feeling but they flip up so they're easy to move out of the way. The knob adjuster for the harness makes it hard for escape artists and it's a love or hate thing for some people. Try it out before you buy if you can. I personally think it's not difficult to use.

The Bolero/Generations makes a better booster than the CarGo because of the open belt guides. I believe the top harness slots are about the same height.

hth!

SFmomto2
07-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Hi,
I recently bought the Generations for my 3.5yr old son. I also bought the Decathlon for my 2yr old DD. I am very happy with the Decathlon, and although my daughter sometimes bumps her head on the top of the car, she seems to like sitting up high.
I wanted to get my son a combo seat and I did a lot of research and couldn't come up with anything better than the Generations. Having said that I am not very happy with the quality of it. (But I guess it's hard to compare anything when you have a Britax). The whole seat is rather flimsy including the head rest area and the armrests. The belt adjustment (namely the loosening mechanism) is tricky but I found that if you twist the tightening mechanism while your turning the loosening mechanism - it always works. The tightening mechanism is actually really nice and ratchets to tighten. One reason I chose it over the Graco Platinum is because of the open shoulder belt system that he'll use when he's older. The Graco Platinum is definitely sturdier and probably will offer better sleeping support (my son's head falls forward when he falls asleep) but the shoulder belt system looks pretty bad.
I sometimes come back to this site to see if any new combo booster seats have come out that are better than the Generations.

I hope that helps,
Cara