PDA

View Full Version : Radian vs. Marathon?

jilly13
06-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi all,
I feel like I'm confused as ever.
I have a 5mo son who I expect will be out of the Snugride in a month or so. My 2yo son is currently in a Marathon. He's 30# and 36", and currently has one slot to go on the straps.

Originally I was going to buy another Marathon. My complaint with the Marathon is how high up it sits. I've hit my son's head a few times, although he now climbs up unassisted.
And then I thought it would make more sense to go up in size for my oldest and move the infant into the Marathon. So I thought about the Regent until I saw it in person. (it's huge!).
Then I saw the Radian, and I thought I was all ready to get that until I found these boards.

After reading numerous posts, it seems that most of you would keep both in Marathons for awhile??

My questions:
So would you buy another Marathon or the Radian80?
Is the Radian 80 not worth it? (I thought I read somewhere here that it was pretty much the same as the 65.)
Would a Decathalon or Boulevard sit lower for my oldest?

And then what about the Recaro? There's not much mention of those on the boards. They seem to all be about the same price.

I know this is jumbled, but so am I? :)
All input is appreciated.

jodifurman
06-10-2007, 09:25 AM
You might want to post this on the Baby board on the car seat boar, you'll probably get more assistance as it seems to be way more active over there.

HTH!

wendmatt
06-25-2007, 08:30 PM
I believe the Radian 80 is the same as the 65 but with more padding. I know how tough it is to decide, i only had one DC to decide with too! I like the radian which we bought so maybe a radian for your son and give the marathon to the baby. Hopefully Jools will have better advice.