PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 yo, need to replace Britax Roundabout.

barbarak
06-25-2007, 01:10 PM
She's nearly 4 and my husband had a fender bender, which requires we replace the seat she's outgrowing anyway. We are buying a used 1995 Integra, 4 door sedan. I don't think it has a latch. We may be relocating overseas, may have to lug the carseat to airports as we are in LA. If we end up overseas, the cars will be tiny, hence room for a carseat. Money is not an issue as insurance is paying for it. :) Comfort, safety is key. I want a five-point harness of course. Heard good things about Recaro, but I notice that you can't use the five-point harness past 40 pounds on most models. The Radian looks uncomfortable to me. I like our Britax, but the Regent sounds huge. I'm looking for an investment up to the 6 year mark. Any advice appreciated.

wendmatt
06-25-2007, 08:36 PM
I think the Regent would be prob a bit too big for a tiny car but actually I have mine in an Echo which is small compared to most cars on the road and it fits fine. What size car are you thinking? A smart car would be too small, where are you going? I like our Radian and it seems very comfortable for DD who is 42" and 37lbs. We've done a few 3hr trips in it and she doesn't complain. It folds down for travel so although it's heavy I believe it's easy to transport. I don't know how well it would fit overseas in a small car. I have it in DHs car with latch. Ask over on the baby car seat board it gets more traffic than here. Good luck in your quest for the perfect seat, it took months of reading for me to decide! I don't know much about the Recaro, I think I ruled it out coz of the 40lb thing.

barbarak
06-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Thanks for responding, I'll repost on the baby board. I don't know what size car we'd end up with overseas. I'll look at the Radian again. There is a new Recaro coming out that allows for the 5 point harness up to 70 pounds, but not until August.