PDA

View Full Version : Harness cover pads for Britax Husky?

baby_mis1
07-24-2007, 09:33 PM
We loaned our carseat to daycare for a field trip and when it was returned it was missing its harness cover pads. I think that is what they are called - they are pieces of fabric that velcro around the harness up near the shoulders to keep the harness straps from rubbing into the kids necks. I think they came with our Husky, but it is possible they were carried over from another Britax car seat. We have put on ones we found from an Evenflo seat (I know - this probably isn't officially approved, right?), but my DS complains that they are too scratchy - not the soft, fuzzy material of the previous ones. I thought you used to be able to buy these from the Britax website, but a quick search today yielded no results. Any suggestions? He's been complaining for about 3 weeks now, which is pretty long for him, so I'm guessing this isn't going to go away...

Thanks,
Valerie
Mom to Jonas (5) and Toby (22 months)

momtoB
09-03-2007, 06:04 AM
I know I've seen it said that cutting the toes off a pair of baby socks and threading them over the harness straps is OK to do. In the meantime you may have to call Britax (on Tuesday since Monday is Labor Day) to order replacements.

hth