PDA

View Full Version : Belt Positioning Booster for Travel?

yellowdogmom
11-01-2007, 08:52 AM
OK, here's our situation: my DS will be 4 in January and is currently 40" and 42 lbs. We're traveling for his birthday in January to Disney World, where we're meeting up with my parents who live in FL. We have a Radian that we travel with, so that will come with us, but DS will probably be staying over with my parents in their RV at Fort Wilderness a couple of the nights we're there and I can forsee the need for a seat in their car as well. I was thinking that a belt-positioning booster may be the way to go since my parents then can have it for future use in years to come as well. DS is a good rider in the car and I think he's mature enough to sit correctly for the probably 10-15 minute intervals that he's be in this seat. He takes safety very seriously - so I think he'd see this as a good assignment he could arise to.

Which brings me to seat selection if we go with a BPB: What are the thoughts on the Graco Turbobooster vs. The Fisher Price Safe Voyage Booster? Is the Safe Voyage a Britax made one like their other seats? That makes me partial to the FP, but is there a reason I shouldn't be so quick to dismiss Graco or any of the other brands? Albee has the FP booster for 39.99, so that looks like an awesome price to me...thoughts, suggestions??? What is the point of converting to backless with the Graco? Does the back feature only go to a certain weight or height? The FP doesn't look like it converts, but it goes to 100 lbs.

TIA!

:) Kristin
Mom to Theo, born 1/12/2004 in Korea ~ home forever 7/6/2004
and Morgan the yellow lab