PDA

View Full Version : Toddler storller recommendations?

anadandy
11-07-2001, 11:49 AM
Despite serving us well, it has come time to replace our beloved Combi stroller. Our 21 month old has outgrown it - his legs are long enough to drag his feet on the wheels (his favorite trick) and he can pretty much climb out on his own.

Still, I hate to invest a lot of money on a new stroller if he won't be using it much longer. How long do toddler usually stay with strollers? I hate to give it up because he's just too fast to let walk around safely.

Can anyone recommend a good stroller that would work for toddlers? I'd prefer something that will fold up since we travel a lot, but something more sturdy than an umbrella stroller.

Thanks!

shandrin
11-07-2001, 08:58 PM
Have you seen the new peg perego aria? it's light(about 9pounds) offers a semi recline(135 angle) a good sized basket and is simple to fold and fairly compact. It also has a wide seat so should last awhile. Children really vary in how long they use strollers my eldest child still will use one and is in kindergarten. I must say i like being able to have something to set my shopping bags in. ;-)
http://www.perego.com

anadandy
11-08-2001, 12:03 AM
We did see that while shopping, but I have to admit the price tag nearly sent me into cardiac arrest ;) It was a very nice stroller though, so maybe if we would be getting a few years use out of it, it wouldn't be too bad.

Thanks!
Anne

Isabel
01-04-2002, 02:01 AM
We've been using a Maclaren and yes, they're expensive but I bought ours used on ebay (www.ebay.com, which is where I buy 90% of my son's clothing too!). It's been a FANTASTIC stroller, esp. for me as I have to fold it down with one hand while I hold onto my son's little mitt and get us onto the bus, subway, etc.

Nasubi
02-13-2002, 01:51 PM
Have you tried taking off the front bar? My son does the same thing (24 months old), and I read about this trick. I have combi also. This way, his legs aren't so uncomfortable under the bar.
Good luck!

anadandy
02-13-2002, 02:40 PM
The bar isn't an issue I don't think, since he just wants to get out, but it was a good suggestion. The belt is too small now, it barely hits his hips so that's another reason we stopped using the Combi.

We ended up getting Graco LiteRider. It has a five-point harness and a big snack tray with a cup holder which keeps him busy. He has plenty of room to grow too.

Thanks for all the ideas!