PDA

View Full Version : Help! Stoller Fustration!!! Which is Your Favorite!

Christina
06-20-2002, 08:39 AM
I narrowed the field down to Peg Perego, Maclaren, and Bertini. Which company is worth investing, and which of their strollers is the best. I noticed that Macleren strollers' are not that padded, is it me, does anyone have one that can tell me how the padding is? Any info on these companies, and their strollers' would be greatly appreciated.

Christina

Tondi G
06-24-2002, 11:24 PM
we have a Peg perego pliko stroller and LOVE it!!!! We had a Milano XL and were very dissatisfied.... almost didn't get the Pliko for fear it would be like the other Peg... it is GREAT! Our son did NOT like the Maclarens... the seats are very sloped forcing the child to sit back in the seat... he loves the flat seat of the Pegs where he can sit up and forward.... and all the Peg front bars remove so when he is older and wants to get in and out himself we won't have a problem. the Bertini's are also Great... DH loved the look of the Bertini Shuttle... but is it large! So far I haven't ever met a bertini owner that didn't like their stroller! Good Luck on your stroller decision... and check out the Stroller board at Parents Place on ivillage.com!

~Tondi

pamela mom of 3
06-26-2002, 11:44 AM
Depends on what your after in a stroller..like how are you going to use it, what features are you after...how old is the child etc.

I own strollers by perego and maclaren...your right maclarens are not all that heavy on the padding but i have found their '02 line to be much better...for me i find maclarens steer much better than perego's, but really all depends again on what you need. ;)

Meli
07-14-2002, 10:25 PM
We purchased a Maclaren stroller (the Freespirit model which is no longer made) when our daughter was born in 2000. At first we loved it--it had all the features we liked. We especially liked it because it was lightweight and had taller handles so my very tall husband didn't have to stoop when pushing it. However, during our first year it broke three times. I contacted Maclaren and they were very good about fixing it but each time I was without a stroller for a month! I finally gave up and bought a Graco stroller--that was much cheaper and hasn't given us a bit of trouble. It will also be compatible with our Graco infant car seat next time. All in all, I wouldn't choose Maclaren. They have great customer service but the product didn't sell me.

sarsah
08-24-2002, 08:20 AM
I have a Peg Perego Pliko stroller and don't like it. My husband really wanted it because of how small it folded up, which it does, but it's heavy and big and I find it cumbersome. The basket (under the seat) is pretty much worthless to me. I also have a Combi 6600, which I like a lot better -- it's lighter and easier to push and steer. Fortunately, I got the Pliko at a very discounted price, otherwise I don't think it's worth the $200 price tag! My only hope is that I can sell it for more than I paid for it, which I think I can.

Sarah.....

Arica
09-10-2002, 11:19 AM
I have the Peg Perego Pliko and i love it! It is a great stroller. The wheels are sturdy, the seat is flat and cushioned, and it is light weight. I know many people who bought either MacClaren or Combi strollers and then later purchased the Pliko because they were unhappy. Although the basket is it's one bad point, the other positive factors outweight that point.

IansMom04
09-10-2002, 06:46 PM
Hi
I own the Bertini and a Maclaren Opus & Mistral. I love them all! The Bertini is a great outdoor stroller. It steers like a dream and bumps, uneven pavement or sidewalks and even "off road" are not a match for this stroller. It is the only stroller my son will fall asleep in. The down side is that it is big and heavy.. so I have a maclaren for the car..for the mall or other place where I know that the going is smooth and not rough. I have 2 macs because I just came across one at a yard sale.. so now i need to decide which to keep.

I test drove the Pergo Milano and while it is a wonderful stroller.. it could not handle sidewalk well... or at least the side walk I was walking on.. so we didn't go with that one.

I agree with the other posters.. depending on what you use for it will be.. depends on the stroller you should get....

Good luck

Ians Mom