PDA

View Full Version : double stoller with carseat holder?

Jil
09-12-2002, 12:15 PM
Hi, we're expecting a baby in March when our son will be 2 1/2. I am researching double stollers like crazy because I want to find the perfect one. I was burned by buying a travel system when my son was born. It was great to attach the car seat to, but so cumbersome to lift and keep in my trunk. I wish I had gotten a Snap N Go instead. When our son was older we got the Combi Savvy Travel stroller. It wasn't that smooth but it was great for our needs. In a double stroller my main priorities are that I will be able to attach the baby car seat/carrier to it and that it is light enough to be able to lift out of my trunk regularly. And also that it is narrow enough to be able to navigate narrow doors and corridors with ease. And I prefer having a stroller handle that I can steer with one hand. Is this perfect product out there?
The closest I've seen is the Baby Trend Sit N Stand. Any other comments or suggestions?

Soon to be mommy of 2!
09-16-2002, 10:07 AM
Hi there, had the same dilemma - my second will be born in November and my daughter will be 18 months old - I know I know - I'll lose my mind. Anyway, researched like crazy and I beleive no matter what we are going to end up buying 2 strollers. The Graco Duoglider (tandem seating)can easily attach an infant car seat to it but later on will most likely have to invest in a side by side (Maclaren or Combi) for ease of use and lightness. Which means I will probably end up using the Graco only a few months - but I figure I can sell the system either on ebay or local Pennysaver. I also researched Peg Perego and you can attach the infant car seat as well - but it is pricey for a few months.