PDA

View Full Version : Side-by-side stroller that accommodates infant seat?

Juliayn
11-21-2002, 02:18 PM
I think I already know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway....are there any side by side double strollers that will accommodate an infant seat carrier attachment? I am expecting #2 in the spring and #1 will be 2 years, 3 months. I like the idea of a side-by-side better than tandem (love the Perego double Aria) but feel I need to get a double stroller that will accomodate my infant seat. Any thoughts?

jenfed
11-22-2002, 08:24 AM
I can't imagine not having a stroller that doesn't take a car seat, since for the first few months, it was my lifesaver!!! I know that the Combi Ultra Savvy takes a carseat.

lmintzer
11-22-2002, 11:48 PM
The Mountain Buggy double Urban might accept Century car seats (the single Urban does for sure). You can double check Mountain Buggy's website: www.mountainbuggy.usa. Their customer service/US distributors are great.

Lisa
& Jack, 19 months.

Hilda
11-26-2002, 03:12 PM
I've never seen any stroller like this. When I had asked COMBI about it when their Twin Savvy came out, they said there was no safe way to accommodate an infant seat on a side by side stroller. The stroller could end up so heavily or unevenly or oddly weighted on one side that it would tip over or be unstable to use and might endanger your children.

I'm sure some manufacturer will capture this market someday. There's all sorts of manufacturers that always have new ideas and inventions.

Good luck!

AndyLyn
12-08-2002, 11:09 AM
I'm due with #2 in May '03 - DD will be about 21 mos then. I found out from my local distributor that the Mountain Buggy Urban Double will have a carseat clip attachment available in March '03. This new clip is supposed to work with more than just the Century carseats. I've decided this is what I'm planning on purchasing and using.

Lyn :-)

khakismom
02-03-2003, 04:22 PM
I read on BabyEstore.com today that the 2003 Peg Aria Twins have a plate that will accomodate Peg's Primo Viaggio car seat. I have emailed this question to Peg Perego and am awaiting a response--because its Web site gave no such information. When I hear from them, I will post it. Also, according to another poster on these message boards who heard from Mountain Buggy Inc this week, MB is working on an adapter for its double strollers, however they do not have a release date yet.

Good luck. HTH :)

...Maureen

Kathleen 3/22/01
#2 EDD 6/12/03--it's a girl

evansdad
02-14-2003, 06:07 PM
Maureen - did you ever hear back from Peg Perego? The Aria twin with an infant seat would be a perfect solution for us too.

thanks!

Dave

Evan 3/8/01
#2 expected 7/11/03 - a girl!

khakismom
02-20-2003, 12:51 PM
Unfortunately, the Aria Twin does not accept an infant seat, according to Peg. :'(

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Baby girl EDD 6/12/03

acadiaphile
02-25-2003, 01:23 PM
I've been asking around with the same question. According to Alan at MB, the double mountain buggies do NOT accommodate carseats (of any kind).

I know of one person who uses a Ingelsina Twin Jet with a Graco SnugRide successfully. It's not designed for this use, but she feels confident it's okay.

I'd love to know why manufacturers haven't met this need yet.

Christine

LisaS
02-26-2003, 07:58 PM
Unfortunately, the MB Doubles definitely do NOT and will NOT accept car seats any time in the near future - I emailed them and their response was that it would make the stroller too wide to fit through a single doorway.