PDA

View Full Version : dual jogging stroller

katy
01-13-2003, 05:15 PM
I am looking for a double jogging stroller for my 2 month old and my large (45lb) 3 year old. I've looked at many different brands and don't want to spend $400+ on this. I have the single babyjogger, but like some features the others offer (reclining seats, 2 canopies instead of one, etc.). I don't know anyone who has one. Please help I need to lose this baby weight.
Thanks,
Katy

Rebecca
01-20-2003, 02:57 PM
I just bought the kiwi explorer double deluxe from Phil and Ted's in New Zealand. Totally awesome and sounds perfect for you. I paid $450 but I know a place in California that is selling them for $199 plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested and I'll get you the info.

Wendy
01-20-2003, 04:08 PM
Katy,
No jogger stroller advice as I don't own one but just a tip...jogging strollers shouldn't be used for babies under 6 months or who can't sit up on their own. Some DRs even request you wait until baby is closer to a year. So I would just check with your pediatrician to find out when she/he suggests you can start using a jogger.

Good luck!
Wendy

Rebecca
01-21-2003, 12:03 PM
The kiwi explorer stroller has a newborn position where the baby lies in a contained bassinet. I think it is very safe for newborns. I know that most jogging strollers are too upright but this one isn't.

Nancy
01-22-2003, 04:04 PM
Where in California can I find the kiwi double stroller? Thanks.

Melissa
01-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Could you please provide the contact information to get one of these double strollers?

Thanks!

Rebecca
01-22-2003, 08:40 PM
I believe the phone number for the store in California is (408) 293-0358. You can find more stores in the USA listed on the Phil and Ted's website www.babybuggy.co.nz Please feel free to ask me any other questions before buying.

The only negative that I can see with this stroller is that you have to have a heavier child in the front seat if you are going to put a child in the backseat (otherwise it feels tippy). This could be a problem if your younger child is sleeping in the backseat and the older child in the front wants to get out (you'd want to then move the baby in the back to the front seat). I still think this is the best all terrain stroller because you are paying so much and you get both a single and a double stroller that is much narrower than those side by side strollers.

Ubusmum
02-12-2003, 01:01 PM
Hello,
Can you tell me how the stroller fold down? And also how much it weighs about? I looked on the website but couldnt find the info. Also the handle looks alot lower than the other front one.(Looking from the website)
Thank you so much for the help and info
Laurain