PDA

View Full Version : side by side double strollers

emandjeff
01-20-2003, 12:34 PM
I would love a comparison report on the side by side double strollers available know... is there one on another web site? is anyone up to putting one together?

Combi Twin Savvy
Iglesia Twin Jet
Maclaren Rally Twin
Maclaren Twin Traveller
Peg Perego Aria Twin

I am needing one to use with my three children~ 4 (30 pounds), 2 1/2 (30 pounds), and 9 months(one will walk, be carried, or i will take my single too) ACTUALLY I would love it if you tell me which one of these I should get! I am needing it for inside mall trips of quick in and out oc the car (so compact and light weight is good)

Thanks-- Emily

Wendy
01-20-2003, 04:15 PM
Emily,
I posted a similar message a while back requesting a comparison of the Combi to the Peg Perego. I think the general consensus is that you really have to try them out to make a decision. For example, many people LOVE the Maclaren strollers but they are way to tall for me (I am just under 5') and I hate the umbrella handles. I don't know anything about the Iglesia. I have a Combi Ultra Savvy that I like and have seen the single Peg Arias that are very nice. I ended up getting the Peg because it was cheaper and lighter and I didn't want to pay extra (almost $100) for Combi's stereo thingy that I would never use. Plus I always felt that my friends' Pegs were more sturdy than my Combi.

All this being said, I never saw either in person (couldn't find them anywhere) so I ordered the Peg sight unseen. I figure if I don't like it I can always resell it on ebay! Which has great prices for both of these strollers. But in any case I would try to find as many of the strollers you are considering in person, identify the characteristics you like about your single stroller (large basket, cupholders, lightweight, etc) and find the double that matches the most.

Good luck!
Wendy

emandjeff
01-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Wendy~ thanks! that helped a lot! i can't seem to find a website that shows these folded... i will probably go with the combi because i know it folds very compactly!!!

Emily

emandjeff
01-20-2003, 07:21 PM
Wendy~ also, have you been please with the aria twin... does it fold as compactly as the Combi twin savvy? thanks for your help!

Rsklausner
01-21-2003, 01:03 PM
Emily- I wouldn't go with the combi as your two children who weigh 30 lbs will be difficult to push in it. It folds up small but it's best for light children.

sagepop
01-23-2003, 09:30 AM
Here is a site that has a lot of information on strollers. http://www.parentsplace.com/messageboards/ look under "Getting Ready" and then "Strollers" message board.

HTH,
Carrie:)