PDA

View Full Version : double stroller

Ubusmum
02-06-2003, 03:26 PM
Hello,
I need help in the double stroller department. I have a 6month old and a 2 1/2 year old. I am looking for a stroller that would be good for the mall or for a walk around the neighborhood.
I've read that the MacClaren opus is popular. Is it easy to manuever with two children? I had the baby trend double jogger but returned it after it was so difficult to walk to the gocery store with them and my 2 year old was hanging into the other side!
Can anyone please suggest a stroller that would be easy to push around the neighborhood and to fold up to take to the mall?
Thanks!

Lori
03-27-2003, 01:12 PM
I used a double unbrella stroller from Kolcraft for two boys age 2 and 1 1/2 yrs old. It is great for walks. But, (and there is always a but)it do not fit through some doorways 32 inches wide. It is so easy to push, very light, and folds up really nice and small. And it is priced around $60.00. Try Babies R Us, Toys R Us.

masetane
04-01-2003, 04:07 PM
I spent ages agonizing over what to get and I really didn't want to get anythign in the first place. Quality is a big issue with me and I prefer to spend the $ and get the best. I have a 4 week old and a 2 1/2 year old. I was all set to get a Maclaren side by side but when I put my toddler in it she barely fit in the seat width wise and that was without a coat on. She is not particuarly large and is a little underweight. I was VERY disappointed as I LOVE my Maclaren single stroller (plus my feet kept hitting the middle tires as I walked!). Then I tried the Aria Twin by Peg Perego. I was all set to buy it but there was something that I couldn't put my finger on that made me hesitate. I didn't like the puny hoods and I certainly did not like the zipper that allows the seat to recline. Plus, my newborn cried in it because he did not want to lay flat and there is only a 2 position for the seat. My toddler fit though and was quite happy.While it was super light and easy to steer, I had someone in the store tell me that side by sides are just a pain in some stores and as I drove it around, I simply did not like pushing a side by side. personally, it felt awkward to me. So I waited, and thought. Then I came across the Baby Trend Caravan Lite in The Right STart. It is a front to back but it moves soooo easily and my toddler was happy in it and I could attatch my car seat to one of them. Plus it was not as heavy and as long as other tandems. So I thought and thought and went back today to buy it and I am very happy with my decision. No worrying if I'll fit in places/doors, easy to push, baby can stay in much loved cozy car seat, toddler can sit up or lie down (she tends to fall asleep in stroller) and nice long basket underneath. The way I reasoned it out was why pay an arm and a leg for a stroller that will only get use in the occasional trip to the mall and walk in neighborhood. I know Baby Trend doesn't have half the reputation as Maclaren but again, I don't know if I'll get that much use out of a double stroller. If I feel desperate for a side by side, I'll get that cheaper Kolkraft too but I suspect by after a year, my toddler would prefer to walk. Hope that helps.let me know what you decide in the end - I still havent' taken my stroller out of the box!!! ha ha
Caroline