PDA

View Full Version : leightweight stroller for big baby

glewis
02-12-2003, 02:04 PM
My 14 month old is 30 lbs 33 inches and our current lightweight stroller, a Graco Citilite, is now a struggle to steer with the front wheels sticking on turns. Lubricating the wheels has made it just bearable. I bought this stroller for the 40 lb weight limit but am now realizing that not all strollers work well as babies get heavier, especially the lightweight strollers. I looked at the Combi Savvy DX or Ultra Savvy, but now hear they don't steer well with heavier kids either. Some possibilities:

Maclaren Volo/Triumph/Quest - not sure baby would like the seat angle
Peg Perego Aria
Inglesina Swift
Chicco Caddy - does this work past the 33 lb weight limit?

I cannot try out any of these locally. Does anyone have experience with any of these strollers and 30+ lb kids? Any other stroller recommendations? Features I'm looking for:

-weighs less than 13 lbs
-has at least a 40 lb weight limit
-steers well up to that limit - one handed even?
-I am 5' 10" so stroller height is important
-some recline
-easy to fold

This would be for errands/shopping so mostly smooth surface.

Thanks,

Gail

Strollerqueen
02-18-2003, 06:41 AM
I can steer my Mac Vogue 2001 or Daytripper one-handed w/ either of my children. I have an almost two year old who is about 28 pounds, and an almost 5 year old who is about 38 pounds.

Watch out for the years on the Macs, they really matter. Some were lousy!

Oh, and the seats on the Triumph and Quest are much shallower than on the Daytripper and Vogue. I have also heard that the Caddy and Swift aren't good for bigger babies.