PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella strollers

wen
02-14-2003, 05:33 PM
I am looking for an umbrella type stroller that has a basket and a "roof" for when it is sunny. It seems like every less expensive one I find has one or the other but not both. So far all I've come across is the not at all cheap Maclaren Day Tripper.

Should I suck it up and get the Day Tripper, or does anyone know of a cheaper version that has what I need?

Thanks!

pcottrell
02-16-2003, 03:15 PM
BabiesRus carries the Chicco London (you can see it online at babiesrus.com and search for london). It looks very similar to the macs and is only $69. I am not sure about the weight or how it handles.
HTH,
Paige

alexsharp
02-18-2003, 06:46 PM
I bought the daytripper last Nov. I needed it for my dd who will be 2 in May. We were going to NYC and did not think our PP Venezia would be easy to take on the subway. Anyways - I love the daytripper. I find that I use it all of the time now. It takes up alot less space in the car and is very easy to use. The only complaint I have is that the recline is not designed the best. It is difficult to use when the child is in the stroller. Plus if the seat is reclined it is hard to put stuff in the basket. I think it is the best umbrella you can buy. It drives great on city streets - better than my Peg.
Alex