PDA

View Full Version : Aria Twin vs. Combi Twin Savvy--comments?

Jayne
02-18-2003, 10:54 PM
I know there has been a lot of discussion about side by side strollers. I have been looking at the Peg Perego's Aria Twin and Combi's Twin Savvy as possibilities for my two kids (19mths apart). I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts/comments about these two issues I have with each:

Aria Twin:
What is the deal with the hoods/canopy? They do not fold down to the napper bar and in fact will only cover the child's head if he/she is in an upright position. This is just not practical for weather, rain or shine, is it?

Combi Twin Savvy:
What is the deal with their seat design? First of all, the fact that you adjust the recline with merely a strap seems pretty flimsy to me and secondly, because of this strap mechanism, it seems that even when the seat is supposed to be in an upright position, it's actually reclined somewhat because the strap doesn't pull all the way taught.

Which one would you choose?

Thanks!

ubusmum
02-20-2003, 08:13 PM
Hi Jayne,
I looked at both and I liked the Combi better. The Aria had little sun protection which is a big factor for me when we go on walks. My neighbor has the Combi and loves it for her twins. The folding and unfolding is easy. I have the Combi ultra savvy and like it.
I would choose the Combi. I am looking into getting one soon. I have a 5 month and 2 1/2 year old and they both liked it.
Hope this helped

Jil
03-01-2003, 05:56 PM
These are the exact two that I am comparing as well. Online they seem very similar: lightweight, narrow and reclining. But I went to a specialty store where I could compare them side by side and really liked the Combi better. Most dramatic for me were how they fold. The Aria twin just folds flat and wide, and then the handle can be lowered. The Combi then folds in on itself and latches. If you're ever going to travel with it where you'll have to hoist it around folded, the Combi is going to be much more convenient (since it's shaped like a very thick umbrella stroller). The other thing is the napper bar in front of the stroller. The Combi's is flexible so the kids can go in and out easier when they're older, and it has small cup/snack holders built right into it. I've heard Peg Perego's are built really well, but for me the Combi just seems more utilitarian for how we use strollers.