PDA

View Full Version : Appropriate age for Buggy Boards

LisaS
02-26-2003, 08:00 PM
At what age will most toddlers happily ride a buggy board?
2? 2 1/2? 3? And for how long...after 30 minutes are they itching to sit? I understand that every child is different so I'd love to hear what worked for you.

Thanks
Lisa

Jil
03-01-2003, 06:13 PM
My son will be 2 1/2 when our daughter arrives this month and I just purchased a buggy board. I kind of bought it as an impulse purchase because I've been so frustrated with researching strollers. We have an Evenflo travel system already from our son. I definately like the not-waking-up-the-baby concept of travel systems, but I always disliked how cumbersome the stroller was. Once he was out of the carseat carrier we bought a Combi Travel Savvy that only weighs 12 pounds and I've gotten spoiled by the ease of use. I was going to buy the Combi Twin Savvy which allows newborns to lay, but doesn't accomodate car seats, so I figured I would just use the Buggy Board until the baby is no longer using the carseat carrier. But just today at our Children's Museum I saw a couple of lightweight strollers that have standing boards on the back of them! One was a Peg Perego that had umbrella handles (which I don't really like), the other was an orange Combi that had the regular stroller handle. I looked them both up on their websites but neither company mentions the standing board. I would think a standing board is always a nice option to have no matter how old the child is.

Naomi
03-11-2003, 04:06 PM
Hi,

The Peg Perego Pliko (PlikoMatic, Sherpa, etc.) has a rear footboard built in for an older child. I didn't know about the Combi, though.

We purchased and returned a Litaf Seat2Go for our two-year-old. It didn't fit properly on our stroller, but it seemed like a great idea because it has a place for the older child to sit down when s/he gets tired.