PDA

View Full Version : SUGGESTIONS FOR DOUBLE STROLLER PREFER SIDE BY SIDE....

hunter2000
03-19-2003, 01:54 PM
that would accomodate a 46 pound 3 year old and # 2 EDD 9/29/03? I looked at the MBU, but I want to see it in person and try it out and there are NO distributors anywhere near me. I do not want to spend that much $$$ sight unseen. Also, it does not accomodate an infant seat. My next dilemma is the whole weight issue. 90% of the double strollers out there have a maximum weight limit per seat of 40-50 pounds. With a LARGE 3 year old, that knocks a bunch of choices off my list. I read the posts about the lack of double strollers that will accomodate the infant seat, so I know that is not a possiblity. But does anyone have a suggestion for a stroller besides the MBU and the Kidco double stroller that will compliment my situation? (Kidco also does not have ANY distributors anywhere near me) UGGGHHH. I'm at the point where money is no object. I just want my son to be comfy and the new baby to have his/her space too. Please help! Thanks!

masetane
04-01-2003, 04:12 PM
I have a 2/2 year old and a 4 week old. Wanted the Maclaren twin but my toddler was too cramped in it. Almost bought the Peg Aria Twin but didn't like the canopies, zipper recline (only 2 positions) and wanted something for car seat. SEttled after a LONG time thinking, reading info and opinions on the Baby Trend Caravan Lite. Moves very easily, not heavy, toddler happy, infant happy, big basket and not as long as the Peg tandem. I'm very satisfied with my decision and I didn't spend an arm and a leg on a stroller as I'm sure my toddler will want to walk alot. Let me know what you decide.
caroline

egoldber
04-01-2003, 06:39 PM
You may want to consider a Kiwi Explorer as well. It is a single that can be converted to a double. Here's a link to the website: https://secure2.siliconblue.com/babybuggy.co.nz/frameset.htm

It is not as popular as the MB on the boards, but it has a devoted following among those who have it. It is also carried by a fairly large number of US retailers.

HTH,

Rebecca
04-05-2003, 10:54 AM
I have the Caravan Lite and the Kiwi Explorer Double. I love them both but with a 46lb 3 year old you need to go with the Mountain Buggy. I've tried my Caravan Lite and my Kiwi explorer with my friend's 2 1/2 year old (47lbs) and it is just too hard to push him. The Kiwi Explorer's front seat has a weight limit of 50lbs anyway. Go with the Mountain Buggy- I don't think you'll be disappointed. Rebecca
PS- email me if you have specific questions [email protected]

masetane
04-05-2003, 02:23 PM
the mountain buggy looks so huge though - is it? I really don't want a very wide one. I also don't feel comfortable buying something without trying it out despite great feedback from others. Let me know what you think - I haven't taken my Caravan Lite out of the box yet!! The floor model broke, toddler bargains questions Baby Trend's quality so maybe I should go for the Peg tandem since I want a third baby??? Ugh - really wish the maclaren side by side fit my daughter. How does no one else have this problem? I have such a skinny daughter too!
Caroline

Rebecca
04-05-2003, 05:50 PM
If your caravan lite breaks under warranty BabyTrend will fix it free of charge. If it breaks after that, they may only make you pay for shipping. I didn't have the same good customer service with Perego. I really picked the Caravan Lite over the Perego because I thought is was much easier to steer (still do). I think it will make it through 3 children. I plan to have 4 or 5 and I'm expecting it to make it to #4 at least because it is still is good shape. I recommended the Caravan lite to my sister in law and best friend and they are also happy with it. Good luck!

PS- The Mountain Buggy is big but it is a great SBS. Some people are just tandem folks (myself included) and can't go that route.
Rebecca

hunter2000
04-06-2003, 09:17 AM
Thanks to all of you for your advice...I have just a few more questions:

1. What size are the basket (s) underneath?

2. How wide are the seats?

3. Does it have any amentities (cup holders etc.) ?

4. Is the rumor true that the MBU is going to have a clip of some sort added on the future that will accomodate a carrier?

Ok, I think that's it for now.....wow...I feel like I am trying on swimsuits here...why is stroller shopping so hard? :)

gina
04-07-2003, 09:10 PM
If you are asking about the Mountain Buggy, here is what I measure:

1. There are two individual baskets, 9 x 13 inches, 8.5 inches deep

2. 12 inch seat width

3. The back of the baskets have 2 sewn mesh pockets that will hold 1 can of pop each. I don't think they are made to hold drinks though. I ordered something different for my MBUD:

https://secure11.websitecomplete.com/banjo/shop/showProd.asp?prod=1920

4. There is a CarSeat Clip for single MB strollers:

https://secure11.websitecomplete.com/banjo/shop/showProd.asp?prod=2094

Mountain Buggy Carseat Clip
The infant car seat clip fits the single buggies; a different clip is required for each of the s. Currently, the only ones that fit are the Century Smart Fit and Vante. By the summer 2003 they hope to release a universal adapter which will fit the Graco, Evenflo, and others.

I lost an entire month of my life to this double stroller issue. I bought 4 strollers and finally went with the Mountain Buggy Urban Double. I finally have a stroller that meets all my requirements and steers like a dream.

Hope your decision is easier than mine!

Tammy Tomasiello
04-08-2003, 11:20 PM
I do not know if I am able to do this, but I have a MBDU in the Spruce color that I am selling.Anyone interested please email for the details.It can viewed on the yahoo stroller swap site at:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StrollerSWAP/.Photo is under the photos section to the left.
Thanks,
Tammy

tammy tomasiello
04-08-2003, 11:23 PM
The email address for me is: [email protected]
this should have been included in the above post in regards to the MBDU in SPRUCE for sale.Thanks

ginalc
04-11-2003, 07:22 PM
I bought a MBUD based on the recommendations on this board and I AM LOVING IT!!!

I stopped for lunch at McDonald's today and used my MBUD. I was easily able to go through the entryway doors, into the bathroom to wash hands, wheel the stroller into the handicapped bathroom, use the changing table, then stand in line without a fuss! This stroller is AMAZING!!!

I was hesitant, too, with buying such an expensive stroller sight unseen, but not disappointed.