PDA

View Full Version : Combi Twin Savvy Vs. Mac Twin Traveller vs Peg Aria

LVP49
04-02-2003, 10:22 AM
I have a Mac vogue that I love, but now I fear that I will need a double stroller, after insisting that I would not get one. I have reconciled myself to the fact that I am going to have to get a double, after swearing I would'nt. My daughter will be 2.4 when the new baby arrives. I thought I could get away with the baby bjorn for six months, and then the standing board on my Milano. I now think that this will not work, besides, I want to go for walks in the neighborhood. So this paln willnever work unless I have my daughter on a leash!!! Wild thing.
I have been looking at the Mac Rally Twin, or Twin Traveller, or the Combi twin Savvy. I have seen very mixed reviews here for the Combi overall, but the lightweight appeals to me. On the other hand, I have had good experience with my Mac, and both the Rally Twin and Twin Traveller are narrower than the Combi, which really surprised me. The Peg Aria came in late in the game, but poeple really seem to love them, and I do love my Milano, except for that uneven terrain thing. Does the Aria have that problem too? Also, I saw a picture of two children in an Aria and the older one looked really squished, but I have no idea how old/big she is. I could have been the photo too. It was on the parents place board and there is a link on the babybargains stroller board. I was reading the post by Strollerqueen, and her suggestion that the seats be big enough for older toddlers. I have not shopped live yet, so how are all of these seats for older toddlers? I'm only getting one!!.

I would love to hear from those that shopped for all, and how you decided, and of course your praise and complaints for the one you chose. Thanks

ginalc
04-02-2003, 10:52 PM
I had to read your post twice because it sounds exactly like my story! I was running through Target 9 mo. pregnant, searching for MY wild one (she is really good at hiding!)

I have only tried the Peg Aria Twin and I'm returning it. I ordered it on-line and got a really good deal. I have pushed it around my house daily for more than a week with my 4 mo. old and my 2.5 year old and I have REALLY tried to like it. I just can't. I like the napper bar, the seat fasteners, the 5-pt. harness, the weight, and the way it fits in the back of my van. I don't like the way that it opens or folds, the canopies, or the way that the seats recline. I also don't like the way that it steers. Maybe it's just me and my post-pregnancy body but my wrists are really sore after I try to move this thing. It is going to cost me $33.31 to send it back and just on that point alone I've tried to learn to love it. There's just no spark. I ordered a Mountain Buggy Urban Double instead. Now I'm in search of a smaller "car" stroller. Ugh. It never ends!

On a different note, I called "Little Folks" store out of NY and spoke with a sales clerk there. I asked which doubles were the easiest to use, the most durable, the most popular, etc. and he said the Twin Traveller all the way. He said that people like the extras that come with the Traveller, and the nobby wheels and that it is their top seller. I asked about the Combi Twin. He said "It's just not as good a stroller if you're going to use it every day." He also asked if I knew anyone who was happy with their Combi Twin (I don't) because he said that they just don't move them very quickly. Not as durable.

I've also heard from others that the Kidco is a decent stroller, for a better price. They are a Mac knock-off and can be found on-line for $100 less than Macs.

Good Luck! I hope your stroller search goes better than mine - I waited until DS was 3 mo. old before I caved. Had I started earlier, I might have gotten out of the house more after DS was born!

gina

lvp49
04-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Thanks Gina,

I will soon venture to Buy Buy Baby to try them out. I think that I have ruled out Combi. I would love to get a MBUD, but there is no way I can justify the expense. I already have $ 500 + worth of strollers. (Milano, vogue, and a baby jogger twinkle) I also do not want two doubles, and no matter how great the MBUD is in malls etc. I think that it will always be too big in the back of the van, and like you, I will have to get a car stroller. My Mac works great in this capacity, so I am really leaning towards the twin traveller.

By the way, where did you get the great deal on the Aria??
Thanks again

Bernadette

masetane
04-03-2003, 03:11 PM
I have a 2.6 wild daughter an a 5 week old son and I too have succumbed to the double stoller thing. I have gone to babies r us, buy buy baby, some local places and the right start and read all the reviews i could put my hands on. i have a maclaren that i loooove and was really disappointed when my daughter couldnt fit comfortably in any of the maclaren doubles. and, she is not too big - 37 inches and 30 pounds. so, boo hoo - it was out. she fit more comfortably in the aria twin but not that much better and i wasn't super crazy about it - especially the zipper recline. so i decided not to spend big bucks and go with the baby trend caravan lite (knock off of the peg tender twin but lighter) from the right start. not that heavy and pushes really easy!!! plus it fits a car seat. my only dilema now is to decide if i want to wait a month for the stadium seating version (any thoughts???). don't know if it makes that big of a difference and i'm dying to get out w/out my newborn in the bjorn. hope this helps - i feel as though i have researched very well to accomodate my needs which sound similar to yours. excuse the typing - doing it all one handed while i hold my son!!! please let me know what you decide
caroline

rosa
04-18-2003, 09:44 AM
i tried out both of these strollers. I had originally bought the Combi Twin Savvy because I liked the extra features, it was extremely lightweight and could stand up on its own once folded, but once I got it home and put the kids in it, walked around a bit, I realized it was just not as good quality as the Mac Twin Traveller. I went back and bought the new 2003 model Twin Traveller and I absolutely love it and am sooo glad I traded in the Combi. The Maclaren is just so much more durable. Yes, it's a bit heavier, but it is really worth it. I don't think the Combi Twin Savvy would last very long. I used my twin traveller along cobblestone streets in Boston and it stood up very well! Good luck. Don't make my mistake - just go and buy the 2003 Twin Traveller (don't get the 2002 model, it's narrower through the shoulder than the newer model).