PDA

View Full Version : Tandem - stadium seating or not???

masetane
04-03-2003, 02:31 PM
Since my toddler doesn't seem to fit in the Maclaren side by side, I decided to just get cheap and get a Baby Trend tandem stroller. The stroller will only be used lightly - some mall shopping, some walks around the neighborhood this summer. My daughter is 2 1/2 and my son is 5 weeks. I bought the Baby Trend Caravan Lite (I'm happy with my choice) but I haven't opened it out of the box yet. I just saw on Baby Trend's website (and called the company) that they are coming out with a tandem stroller, Trend Vista, in a few weeks that is pretty much the same thing but has stadium seating. Is it really lots better to have stadium seating that I should wait for this stroller? I can hang on a few more weeks for sure if everyone thinks its better but if its really not that much of a differenc, I'm dying to use my stroller! Any advice is appreciated - thanks in advance!
Caroline

SDMom
04-04-2003, 04:41 PM
Our stroller has stadium seating (dd is 3 and ds is 1). They are now to a point where the stadium seating is helpful since ds sits in the rear seat and wouldn't be able to see much without it. Last summer, though, when dd was 2 and ds was a newborn, I don't think that it mattered very much. DS wasn't really able to sit up enough on his own to see anything.

masetane
04-05-2003, 02:36 PM
what stroller do you have?

Ann
05-26-2003, 04:34 PM
I'm debating between the Trend Vista and the Caravan Lite for my 2 1/2 yr old and 6 month old. We are planning on a third, so we want a stroller that can take a car seat. Does anyone know the difference between the two? The Trend Vista has the stadium seating and is about $100 cheaper, but I can't find any reviews, etc. of it so I'm wary. Folks on this message board seem to really like the Caravan Lite. Any advice?

Mommyof2
05-26-2003, 06:50 PM
We bought the Baby Trend Vista. I called Baby Trend to find out the difference between the two strollers and the biggest difference was that the Caravan Lite takes many different carseats. The Trend Vista only accepts Baby Trend's Latch Loc. They said the Trend Vista is exclusive to Babies R Us and Toys R Us and the Caravan Lite is only sold at Specialty shops.