PDA

View Full Version : Tender Twin vs Caravan Lite -what would you do??

masetane
04-03-2003, 09:55 PM
Any advice is appreciated. I decided to get a tandem stroller and have been looking at the Peg Perego Tender Twin and Baby Trend Caravan Lite. The Caravan Lite is pretty similar to the Peg at $200 cheaper. It does seem a little more flimsy, harder to close, and a few other small details. I need the stroller for walks in the neighborhood, shopping etc. It will probably get moderate use. I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 5 week old. Should I invest in the fabulous reputation of the Peg or go for the knock off Baby Trend. I'd like the Peg really but we are talking about a $200 hundred dollar difference (which could be worth it since Toddler Bargains mentioned Baby Trend's poor quality. Thanks - please leave a post if you read this- all advice is greatly appreciated!!! :)
caroline

megND95
04-04-2003, 02:36 PM
Hi!

I have the Caravan Lite and it worked very well for me. I just could not bring myself to spend close to $400 on a stroller and I am very glad now that I did not. My kids are 15 months apart and I used the Baby Trend about 10 months, for exactly the kind of use you describe. When dd turned two, she did want to ride anymore, so I purchased a Peg-Pliko, with the toddler ledge on the back, and I use that stroller everyday with great success!

I found the Caravan Lite easy to use, and a great buy. Since you already have a 2.5 year old, I would save your money and get the Baby Trend. You would hate to drop a bundle only to find in a few months your older child balks at riding in the stroller.

Good Luck!

masetane
04-04-2003, 06:50 PM
Hi - thanks so much for your reply. I'm still not sure what to do - quality is very important to me and I went back to the Right Start to look at it again but the model was off the floor b/c it had broken. Not very reassuring! I do plan on having a third child and am wondering if that can justify the purchase. $400 is mean isn't it!?!?

Rebecca
04-05-2003, 10:50 AM
I have the Caravan Lite (and 3 children 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 10m). I would highly recommend it. The fabric is machine washable, I feel it is easier to steer than the peg perego, both seats fully recline and the price is right. I've also found the customer service by BabyTrend to be wonderful (no so much with Peg). I don't think you'll be sorry if you buy either one but if you go with the BabyTrend you can also buy a Pliko or a P3 for the same money you would have spent on the Peg Double! Good luck! Rebecca

masetane
04-05-2003, 02:30 PM
Baby Trend is coming out with a tandem similar to the Caravan Lite with stadium seating in a couple of weeks. Do you think kids prefer the stadium seating??? Still wishing my daughter fit into the Maclaren - maybe I should go back to considering that since she will probably be in and out of it all the time anyway and baby can lie flat in it too.
Thanks
Caroline