PDA

View Full Version : Flimsy Napper Bar on the Aria Twin????

lvp49
04-06-2003, 08:26 AM
I went to BRU yesterday, and tested the Mac Rally twin (they did'nt have the twin traveller, which is my choice) and the Aria. I was really prepared to not like the Aria based on some posts I've read, esp the zipper recline and short sun shades (they are!) I liked the Aria pretty well, but did feel that its construction was not as sturdy as my Milano, I guess that can be expected, as they are the same price practically. But I did think that the napper bar was rather flimsy, maybe this is for weight, but it seems cheap. Has anyone had any problems with this? Also the brake was broken in the store. (so I did'nt get a true ride) Any problems with this?

The Mac was a bit cramped, but my daughter did not seem uncomfortable, but the seats are shallow. Does anyone know if the twin traveller has the same seat dimensions? Also, I was not thrilled with the plastic clip recline on the Rally twin. How does the Twin Traveller recline? I'm anxious to see it, because I think that I want something that will lay flat.

I could deal with the Aria, and get a sunshade, or wait for 2004s like momof3labs pointed out to someone on the babybargains board, because I am shopping early. I just want it to be right! (haha)

lvp49
04-06-2003, 02:17 PM
OK, I answered one of my own questions about the Mac. The Twin Traveller seems to have the extendable leg rests on the seat like the opus duo and the Vogue do. this should solve any shallow seat problems. Still have not seen one IRL.

masetane
04-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Hi - I agree about the napper bars. In fact, that's why I didn't go with the Aria. My 2 1/2 year old was constantly pulling them up and down during the whole test drive. I wasn't crazy about the Aria in general - with a 5 week old and my toddler it seemed off balance to push. Plush, I am a tandem mom. I just bought a 2002 Peg Tender model and a Caravan Lite and I am trying to decide which one to keep. I only paid $80 more for the Peg so if the quality is truly better I will keep it.
My toddler who is pretty skinny did not fit in the Twin Traveller at all (my choice over the Rally). I was extremely disappointed as I LOVE my Maclaren Vogue. personally, I would not go with the Maclarens side by side for that reason. My daughter was so mad when I made her sit in it with her coat on!

When do you think the 2004 models will come out? Didn't the 2003 just come out???
Caroline