PDA

View Full Version : Peg 2002 Tender Twin model

masetane
04-06-2003, 04:26 PM
Me again about the double stroller -
I found a floor model of the Peg Tender Twin for $300 and a Baby Trend Caravan Lite for $230. I don't mind paying the extra $ for the quality of a Peg. Anyway, the 2002 model of the peg has this button on the handle that you push and twist to close the stroller. Seems like it is just asking to be broken - any one have this model with no problems?? One of these strollers has to go back b/c I need to start using it!! Wish I could open the BT out of the box and try them out!
Caroline

ginalc
04-07-2003, 08:43 PM
You found a Tender Twin that folds small like an umbrella!?! I would most definitely like to see this one in person!!! I've only heard good things about this stroller. Post on Baby Bargains message board or Parents Place message board to ask others what they think.

Also, why not break the BT out of the box and try it out in the house. If unsure, call the store and ask if they will accept a returned stroller that has only been pushed around in the house. I've returned 4 in the past month after trying them out at home.

Good Luck!

masetane
04-10-2003, 06:36 AM
Huh? No, it doesn't fold like an umbrella stroller. It has the old folding mechanism where you push a button on the handle, twist and then push a lever with your foot to bring the whole thing down. I found it very hard to use but I think it was this particular model b/c I have tried them before and never noticed a problem.
As I wrote in my other post - I decided to go with the Peg Tender - I got a great deal and its such a fabulous stroller. Soooooo easy to push! Even one handed!
Thanks for the reply!