PDA

View Full Version : Radio Flyer Wagon

tilly2321
04-07-2003, 03:25 PM
Not sure where to post this, but I am trying baby bargains first then Toddler Bargains. I am thinking of buying a Radio Flyer wagon for my almost 1 year old (I think they have to be 18 months to ride in it, but I have a coupon right now for the store!). FOr those of you who have wagons, should I get the all wood or the part steel/part wood? It will be used for rides around at garage sales, around the neighborhood, etc..Let me know!
THanks!
Elle

Julie
04-07-2003, 05:00 PM
We have the steel wagon with wood sides and we have been happy with it. Steel rusts, but if you have a garage to store it in that shouldn't be a problem (ours is almost three years old and hasn't rusted). A wagon is a nice thing to have, but it isn't something that we use frequently, so I didn't think it made sense to spend $$$ for the top of the line wood model.

legodad
05-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Two thoughts: my parents bought my sister a metal radio flyer wagon when she was little. I was seven years younger. When I finished college, my parents moved, too. That was when they finally got rid of the wagon. So don't worry about rust.
Thought #2: My mother-in-law bought our son a metal/wood radio flyer for our son for Christmas when he was 2 and 1/2. he loved it. It was his toy chest all winter, and it's been his favorite way to get around ever since. We even pick him up from day care with it! But it is noisy -- especially when it's empty on the way to daycare.
Hope this hasn't arrived too late to be of use.

Connie1222
05-03-2003, 07:47 PM
We have the all-wood one (the Town & Country I beleive), it was a gift from my brother for my DS's first birthday. He loves this wagon and we have to keep it in the living room (we also use it as a toy box).