PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Peg Perego Tender XL - why did I worry???? :)

masetane
04-09-2003, 04:35 PM
Whoops sorry. After all my confusion about what double stroller to get (narrowed it down to the Peg Tender XL or Caravan Lite by Baby Trend which is a knock off). AFter looking at floor models of the tender and a discounted price, I decided to go with the new model b/c I got a deal. Babies R Us honors a "match the competitors price" and I found it for $399 (elbambi.com) .Babies R Us gave it to me for $365.99 - don't know why but I didn't ask. Then I had a 15% off coupon. In the end I got it for $330 or so (floor models of old version were asking $349). I LOVE IT!?!?!?!?! Why was I in such a debate? Granted, I'm out a lot of dough as opposed to the $230 the BT would have cost but the quality seems much nicer on the new model. So easy to push at 24 pounds. Me, my toddler and newborn are all thrilled. I adore Maclarens but this beat the side by side hands on for me! It also seems more comfortable than the Carvan Lite. Downside is the price and the stupid little baskets they give you. They did away with the slide out one and put in the kind where you just slide your items in. It has 3 sides and a very flimsy bottom so I think things will be rolling out. I don't use them much anyway (got used to that with the tiny basket Maclaren gives on older Vogues) so will have to get a mesh bag to attatch to handle. Anyway, I spent ages looking at strollers and comparing and just wanted to let those of you know how thrilled I am with it in case you were considering it. Will last a long time and has great resale value. You certianly get what you pay for in this stroller. Good luck to everyone else in their search.Guess I will be posting sometime about a jogging stroller although at 3 strollers now (Snap N'Go for infan), Maclaren Vogue single and Peg double) I think I am done. :)
Caroline
caroline

momathome
04-10-2003, 09:09 AM
Never say done!!! I have 2 girls - 5 and 2 years old - and I have now owned 12 strollers! And there are plenty of other people on the boards who have owned way more than me! I'm glad you like your Tender Twin - I own and Pliko Sherpa Bubble and a Venezia and love them both! Good luck!
-Lauren

masetane
04-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Wow - 12 strollers!!! :)Believe, there are plenty more I would love to have more but my husband keeps me on a short leash with baby stuff. AS well he should, I went overboard in everything with my first born!! ha ha(I am eyeing the Maclaren Volo for trips for my toddler but I guess what would I do with the infant!!!) I think I will make a post about how many strollers people have had and why so many. I think it should be very interesting to read others opinions on this!!! :)caroline