PDA

View Full Version : I am soo sad! I was so excited, thinking I FINALLY found the double stroller that would work for me and my LARGE 3 year old (and baby # 2 EDD 9/29/03) and

hunter2000
04-12-2003, 08:22 PM
I find out the MB's seat width is 12"....I feel like crying! My son presently sits in a Century stroller and its seat width is getting snug at 15"....this stinks! There is no way I wil buy the MB at $ 500.00 and my son will end up being so cramped in it. I have no idea where to turn now...anyone have any suggestions to help me. I need a double jogging stroller that has a weight capacity of 100 lbs. that has seats at least 14" in width. I guess side by sides are limited, because the manufacturer must take into consideration doorways, huh? I don't know what to do. Please help anyone! :(

momathome
04-12-2003, 08:30 PM
Have you checked out Gozo? This is a tandem jogging stroller where each seat has a weight capacity of 50lbs. It's kind of pricey ($484 at joggingstroller.com) but it may suit your needs. Good luck!
-Lauren

ginalc
04-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Hi,

Maybe by the time you deliver and want to get out of the house again, your 3 year old will be able to walk!?! I limited myself to the house until I finally got a MBUD and found that my 2.5 year old just wanted to RUN, not RIDE!

You also have the option of slinging the baby and pushing your son until the new baby is too big to carry. That may buy you some more time.

My DH frequently reminds me to buy what I need for today, and save my other purchases until I truly can't function without the item. You may find that you might not need a double jogger.......

gina, mom to 3

hunter2000
04-14-2003, 02:08 PM
I forgot to re-mention in this post that my 3 year old is close to 50 pounds already. So any stroller that has a seat capacity of 40-50 pounds per seat max. is not going to work. I give up! :(

ginalc
04-14-2003, 11:09 PM
Have you seen this jogger? Max. wt. 150 lbs! Minimum age, 6-8 weeks.
Sounds like this may be the answer you're looking for!

http://www.joggingstroller.com/brand/baby_jogger/bj_city_twinner.shtml

This one sounds interesting, too:

http://www.joggingstroller.com/brand/baby_jogger/bj_special_needs.shtml

I have called the people at JoggingStroller.com and asked TONS of questions! They really know their products and are extremely helpful.

I encourage you to give them a call and share your concerns. You may find that the perfect stroller for you is just a phone call away! :)

Their # is: 1-800-882-9096

HTH!

gina, mom to 3

hunter2000
04-15-2003, 08:26 AM
THANKS GINA! I will investigate today and let y'all know what happens. Wish me luck! :)

Mom to Hunter 4/26/03
# 2 EDD 9/29/03