PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller: Peg Perego vs. Sit and Stand

tylerr25
04-28-2003, 10:52 PM
I have a daughter who will be 27 months old when our son arrives. I am currently trying to decide between the two strollers and was wondering if anyone has any feedback. I have lots of friends who are happy with the Peg Perego double tandem stroller but don't know anyone who has the sit and stand from the right start. I do prefer tandem vs. side by side b/c I had a really wide evenflo travel system and found it impossible to shop with (getting around small aisles like in clothing stores) and ended up buying a Peg Perego afterall. I don't want to make another mistake with the double stroller.

--Thanks

RobB
04-29-2003, 08:27 PM
I too am in the market for a double stroller. Haven't done a lot of research but I did try the Sit 'n Stand in the store and could barely get if off the display. It was 34 pounds!! Maybe all double strollers are that heavy but I doubt it. Too bad because it seems like the perfect double stroller. Just FYI.

AngelaS
04-30-2003, 06:27 AM
I currently have a Peg Perego double in my garage that a friend has asked me to eBay for her. Since I have it, I've played with it to see what's so great about Peg Perego strollers.

Frankly, I'm not impressed! LOL I just recently got rid of my Graco DuoGlider and I MUCH preferred it to the PP!

For one thing, the DG has TONS of legroom for the child in the backseat. The backseat sits far enough back from the front that the front seat isn't always getting kicked by the kid in the back or having their hair pulled. This is not a feature of the PP. It's seats are crammed together, which also makes it hard to get a kid in and out of the backseat.

The bar on the front of the PP is attached. So if your toddler stiffens and doesn't want to get out, it's going to be a challenge to get him out. The bar on the front of the DG swings open. I found it very handy to open it, buckle or unbuckle the child and then snap it closed again.

The PP gets points for more padding than my bare bones DG had. But you can buy more plush DG. But from what I've seen, PP only come in navy or black. Those are both great colors for showing sippy cup milk leaks, ground in mushy crackers and fading.

The DG is a bulky stroller and quite heavy. In moving around the PP, I haven't noticed that it's any lighter. The DG has bigger wheels, but I've found it easy to drive and manuver. The PP has smaller wheels. The DG also has a HUGE storage basket. The one on the PP didn't make an impression on me, I can't remember what it has.

So, overall, I'd go for the DuoGlider over the Peg Perego Travel Tender. I was not impressed and I'm not so into name brands that I'd spend an additional $200 for 'peg perego' on my stroller. LOL

HTH....

tylerr25
05-01-2003, 01:24 PM
After a lot of agonizing (I feel like I am buying a car) I decided on neither of the strollers I asked about. I got the Peg Perego Aria. It is a side by side, but so lightweight and only inches wider than the tandem Peg Perego. It is really easy to use...the only drawback is that I won't be able to put the infant carseat in it. BUt I was thinking I always have my single stroller, a stroller frame (both accept the carseat) or if my daughter wanted to ride then I could use the baby carrier. In the long run I think I will be much happier with a less bulky double stroller that is more lightweight.

Thanks for the input. ;o)