PDA

View Full Version : Aria or Pilko Stroller

ggrunloh
04-29-2003, 12:28 PM
I need a new stroller for my 18 month old son. What are your thoughts on the Peg Perego Aria Stroller. I am also thinking of the Pilko- P3, can anyone confirm that it is out yet? I need a stroller for the zoo, mall and walks.

Tondi G
05-06-2003, 06:59 PM
I think the Pliko or P3 is a much better stroller especially if you plan to use it outdoors! The Aria doesn't have much in the way of padding and the sun shade is basically useless... does your child wear hats? Also the wheels are rather small on the Aria!

I've heard the P3 steers much better than the older style Pliko and the ergonomic handles would be nice!!!! I know there are few people on the baby Bargins board that alreay have their P3's!!! Good Luck!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!

mom2kandj
05-14-2003, 11:09 AM
Even though the Aria is much lighter than the Pliko(about 7 lbs), the Pliko is a much more durable stroller with more options! I happened upon an Aria at my local Goodwill and with a good scrubbing and some parts from CS, it has served me well(for a total of $27!!).

Things I like:
Carry handle on side, weight.

Things I don't like:
Funky fold/unfold, zipper recline, skimpy sunshade.

Things that I envy on my SIL's Pliko:
Rear steps(I have two kids, but if you don't, you never know when you might have to give your best friend's kid a ride), better hood, better recline system, stroller feels more solid(a bit heavier, too!) and you don't have to FLING it open to unfold it. HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (29 months)
and Jack (13 months)

owner of (and always changing and ISO a used pliko at a good price)
Maclaren Opus Duo
Peg Perego Aria
Chicco Caddy
Instep Utility Stroller
junky Maclaren double so old that I don't even know the name

momathome
05-14-2003, 03:35 PM
Love, love, LOVE my pliko! I think it is the best all-around stroller out there! Good luck!
-Lauren

Riggsie
05-14-2003, 07:35 PM
I saw the new 03 Aria and was impressed with it as lightweight run-around stroller. There are improvements over the previous model like a parent tray, multi recline positions, and I think how it folds. The Pliko-P3 is a sturdier, plushier stroller than the Aria. They sre both out now.

HTH!

Amy
06-23-2003, 09:53 PM
I LOVE my Aria. My daughter is 2 and a half and perfectly happy in it. I really like it because we travel a lot, and it's so light and compact, doesn't take much room. Not heavy, great storage, and it has been really durable for me. At my daughter's age, she really doesn't care about different reclines or the sunshade. She feels very independent because the napper bar swings open and shut, so she can climb in and out by herself. I have flown, driven across the country, hit the malls, etc. and it has held up great. I love the fact that it is more no-frills, it makes being on the go so much more convenient. Great steering, easy open/close. I have the '02, so the '03 is probably even better.