PDA

View Full Version : Double strollers

Momkat
05-11-2003, 02:11 PM
I, too am looking to buy a double stroller. I am due momentarily with my second and my first just turned two. I still plan on using a stroller alot for things like walks around the neighborhood, going shopping, etc. The older one will still sit (most of the time) and I really want to be able to put the infant in the stroller in his carseat. I did that all the time with my first- granted, it was a snap and go so was very easy, but still,. . . Since I want the carseat option, I've decided to go with the tandem style. I think I've narrowed it down to the Peg Perego Duette, the Peg Tender XL or the Aprica ( I can't remember what they call their double tandem model). I'm not even sure you can put a carseat in the Aprica. My question is, does anyone have experience with these three strollers who could give me some advice? There don't seem to be any stores in my area that have them in stock. So I can't really test drive them in the store. I'm probably just going to have to decide, then order either from a store, or online.
Any comments would be a great help! Thanks!

masetane
06-18-2003, 10:35 PM
I am really happy with my Tender XL. ONly problem now is daugher is 2.8 months and not wantig to sit in it as much as when I got it 4 months ago. Pus, its so great for a new born in the back to sleep reclined and completely enclosed.
Caroline

jayhjay
06-25-2003, 08:03 AM
I looked at the Tender XL in the store. My (fairly small) DD had trouble fitting under the canopy in the front seat. It bumped her head and she couldn't really lean back on the short seat. I also didn't like that the napper bar is not removable in the front b/c she likes to climb in and out herself.

I was pleased at how easily it steered however, and I have heard good things from those who have them. I haven't tried either of the other two you are looking at (and I am not really sure the difference between the two Pegs). But I was disappointed b/c I wanted to like the Peg more than I did.