PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Buggy Urban Double or Kiwi Explorer HELP!!!

Mommyof2
05-15-2003, 05:07 PM
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2.9 month toddler boy (38lbs) and a 2 month old girl. I recently bought a Baby Trend - Trend Vista. It is okay and does the job, but going up hill after the park is a killer. As a result, I was thinking of getting an all terrain with a swivel wheel. My son never liked riding in the carriage (he likes the freedom to run) unless he was tired, but now as soon as we take the carriage out to put the baby in, he wants to get in. So I am trying to decide whehter to splurge on the MBUD or just get the Kiwi Explorer with the double attachment so if he decides in 6 months he does not want to ride anymore, I am only pushing a single stroller.

What would anyone else do? I was also considering the Double Safari, but the seat does not go upright enough and my son will not sit in it.

Thanks for your feedback!

(This is also posted on the Baby Bargains)

Denise in WI
06-29-2003, 01:41 PM
I don't know anything about the Kiwi explorer. We did splurge on the MBUD and I have never regretted it. We have had it over a year. My 20 m.o. twins are very comfortable in it. I love the way it pushes and handles. The weight is reasonable for me to lift, though I wouldn't call it light.
It has been worth every penny we spent on it, makes my life much simpler.

JRN
10-22-2003, 03:56 PM
I posted this in response to another question on the MBUD--I had my heart set on buying it and tried out the Mountain Buggy Urban Double at the RightStart store and was very disappointed. My 3yr old daughter who is average height at 37" tall barely fit height-wise--her head was brushing against the canopy! We couldn't buy it of course. I hope you have better luck.

pamela mom of 3
10-28-2003, 12:46 PM
You can purchase an extra tall canopy....i know more $$ but still...

My MBDU fits my 41in dd 5yrs fine, my 47.5in dd tho does have the hood sit on her head however since it's not formed it doesn't apply pressure, it just lifts up ...IYKWIM.

:)

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3