PDA

View Full Version : MBUD with big 2 yr old

mommy2connor
05-20-2003, 12:26 AM
My husband and I saw the MBUD this weekend and loved it! Our concern, however, is that our almost 40# 36 inch tall 2yo is just about too big for it. Our 2nd baby is due in 7 weeks. I would really like to have only one stroller. I do a lot of walking with the dog on rough terrain, so definitely need a jogger. It seems pointless to buy a tandem stroller, since they all have 40# weight limits.

Our questions are:

Does anyone else have large toddlers that use the MBUD? Did it seem too tight width wise in the seat?

Are their legs too scrunched up when resting on the footplate?

Does the extra tall sun canopy accessory provide enough head room?

How long did it take the larger toddlers to grow out of it?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mommy to Connor and baby boy due in July

j
06-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Hi,
I have a MBUD, a 4yo (4'4'', 42 pds.) and a 9 month old. My 4 yo comfortably fits in his side and enjoys being there. He however does not like having the shade closed, so I found one that will close on just one side.
I questioned whether I should get as well, expecially since my son was never that fond of the stroller. But now i dare not take a single stroller, he feels entitled to ride! HTH

Calmegja
06-17-2003, 01:14 PM
I use my MBUD with my 13 month old, and alternately my 37 inch 3 year old, and 43 inch 5 year old (when he gets tired), with no problem at all....I've had no issues with them fitting, and I'm nothing but happy that I got it!

naynaysmom
06-29-2003, 11:59 PM
Go for it!
I absolutely LOVE this stroller!
I use it everywhere for my 14 month old baby and for my almost 4 yr old that weighs 50 lbs and is 45" tall! His legs are a bit scrunched, but he doesn't complain a bit. The MBUD actually offers him more "head" room than our Baby Jogger twinner does and the straps fit him better too. Highly recommended!
- Kelly
Mommy to Nathan (7/31/99) and Brendan (4/2/02)

redhookmom
07-13-2003, 10:04 PM
My 1 year old and 4'4", 45 pd. 4 year old ride comfortably together. The best paart is how easy it is to push while they are both riding. I would look into the stroller with 2 shades, mine only has one and is the only issue. I wonder if I could replace it with two shades...