PDA

View Full Version : Urban/Beach jogger needed. MBU or D S?, Other? Dilemma!

Miiki
06-02-2003, 12:45 AM
Hi All-
I posted this bit below in baby bargains/strollers under someone else's query.
Thought this would be a better forum as my babe is 22 mos.
Thanks in advance for any help you can lend.
All suggestions solicted! ;-)
I am overwhelmed by all the possiblities. Also impressed! I never dreamed that I would one day covet strollers! Egads!

My requirements and thoughts are below.
REQUIREMENTS:
I want a lightweight, smallish, adaptable jogger/all terrain stroller with a 5pt harness, reclining feature, decent basket, good canopy and a rain shield. Shorter handlesare key as well. I am 5.1. I don't drive so public transportation could be necessary in a pinch. Mostly subway.
There are so so many cool strollers out there. So many pros and cons- cheaper models, higher end. Money should be, but is not an issue. ;-)
Am interested in a jogger stroller and I live in the city but spend time at the beach & occasionally in more rural settings.
I am a novice jogger but consistently jog every day.
Have to cross town to get to River where I can run along it. Mostly pavement. Will do errands and quick shopping post run/jog.
Which would be better for me? Or another brand?
My other strollers are Maclaren Techno and Volo. The handles are too tall for my 5.1 frame so that was a big mistake on my part. I am usually so careful about purchases!
The MB has a good handle height- about 3 inches lower than the Mac.
I hesitate about it's width though. My DD is 22 months, 23 lbs and 32 inches. She doesn't need a ton of space- the Techno is wide for her! Also, I worry about narrow aisles shopping. But for freedom of movement and the ability to jog easily I would splurge on the MB.
Basically-
I would like to know
IIs the MB unwieldy? It seems wider than other jogger strollers, but shorter which I like.
Is the swivel feature and lock a bonus or more of a hassle- it doesn't stay totally fixed?
We do have an old Volvo- can it fit easily in the trunk? How does it compare to the Techno when folded?
Finally- why, when MB makes the narrowest Double Strollers do they have the widest Singles???
If they could just shave a few inches off the width it'd be ideal.
Thoughts, Comments, Suggestions highly appreciated!

Miiki

Miiki
06-02-2003, 12:50 AM
Sorry for the confusion. I wonder about the Urban VS the Terrain.
Do not need a Double!
Read ALL the posts which were highly informative but am throwing this out there in regards to my specific questions which I didn't get answered 100% from this site.

THX-

M