PDA

View Full Version : would you replace this double?

masetane
06-18-2003, 09:43 PM
Can you give me some advice as to whether or not I need to re-invest in a double stroller.I had the Peg tender XL which I am very happy with. However, one of the bolts popped off so since it is so new i can have the entire stroller replaced or return it. When I first bought it my daughter was 2.4 years (now they are 4 months and 2.8 years). maybe it was a blessing in disguise b/c all of a sudden she doesn't sit in it so much. 10 minutes in, 15-20 minutes out. It is handy to have but maybe I can spend my $ elsewhere. My husband doesn't think I should replace it b/c when she gets tired, I can just give her a turn in the stroller and hold my son. That's been happening anyway b/c he wants to be held or I have to pick him up to feed him, make him stop crying etc. The other day we went to the zoo and it was half and half that she was in it. At one point, she was on my husbands shoulders and I had the baby in the front carrier b/c he wanted out of the stroller. So here we were, pushing an empty double stroller!
While I am sure its probably handy to have (she does liek the occasional ride and at one point at the zoo she sat in the back to lay down for a few minutes)- do you out there with simiilar age kids find it super necessary to have a double. If not, how do you manage with 2 kids.
Thanks
Caroline