PDA

View Full Version : How long did you use your double stroller?

masetane
06-19-2003, 07:02 PM
At what age were your kids when you stopped using your double stroller? What did you find you mostly used it for in the end? I'm trying to decide whether or not to replace my broken Peg Tender (got it for $340 new this year). My kids are 4 months and 2.9 years
Caroline

sarsah
06-29-2003, 09:03 PM
I have a 3.1 year old and a 6 week old and am using a Graco Duo Glider.

My 3 year old is very tall for his age and really doesn't fit very well (too big) in the Duo Glider, but I make do. I mostly only use it when I'm going places that I want to contain the 3 year old to the stroller so I don't have to chase him. I really don't use it very often, but I got a really great deal on it and there are a few times with it comes in handy.

Sarah.....Jason & Devin's Mommie

Tessa'sMom
08-22-2003, 04:28 PM
My kids are 3 (8/29) and 15 months and I still use the double occasionally. Like the other mom said, it's mainly to keep the toddler contained. The problem is, she is heavy enough to make it fairly hard to steer so I don't use it as often as I would like.

If you only got yours this year, is it still under warrenty? It seems that for $340 they should fix it for you!

redhookmom
08-28-2003, 04:22 PM
I use the dbl. for outings to the zoo, fair, farmers market. I guess I use it when I know my 4yo will get tired or when I know he will be bored. When he is in the stroller I can give him a snack or a toy. HTH

Jeanmick
08-28-2003, 05:57 PM
My kids are 6 months and 2 year, 8 months. Their ages closely match your kids. I have a Jeep Wagonneer and I still use it occasionally. I tend to use it when I need to do some "real" shopping (the kind where I just don't have the time/energy/focus to deal w/ an "on-the-go" toddler). It's great to have both of them in the stroller so I don't worry about where my kids are running off to. My DD still enjoys sitting in it, and if she needs to get out for a few minutes, it's really not a problem for me to push the stroller and have her walk. We usually take it to the park, zoo, Sea World and the mall (especially when I'm alone w/ the kids). Other times when I'm not in the mood for the double, I'll just pull out my pliko for my DD and use the Baby Bjorn or REI Piggyback Carrier for my DS.

Tondi G
09-16-2003, 05:34 PM
You should contact Peg Perego... if it is under one year of age you should be able to get it fixed free of charge!!!!! Call them.... they are usually pretty good in the customer service dept!

http://www.perego.com/pages/customerservice.html

Good luck!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01