PDA

View Full Version : carry bag for allergy medicine

zeroandthree
06-20-2003, 05:13 PM
My almost three year old son has a peanut allergy, and we always carry his medicine whenever we leave the house. (A bottle of Benadryl, a medicine spoon, and an Epipen).

We've been using a small diaper bag for this purpose, but it was a cheap one and it's looking pretty bad. Any ideas for a bag to carry these few medicines?

We'd also like something that could hold a few other items--some juice, a snack, etc.

Thanks.

Erica Burson
06-20-2003, 09:30 PM
My son also has a mild (and we hope it stays that way) peanut allergy, so we also use a small diaper bag to carry the Epipen and other toddler necessities--sippy cup, change of clothes, and diapers.
Lands End makes (assuming it has not been discontinued) a little tripper diaper bag. Their stuff holds up well.

Also, we just bought a little backpack made by Jansport from The Container Store. It is small enough that my almost 3 year old can carry it, but the straps adjust to adult size. It was about $20.
I also suggest checking out the various small bags and fanny packs aimed at travelers. The Container Store has a good selection.

By the way, there is some evidence that some children outgrow peanut allergies. By doing a search on peanut allergy, you should be able to find information about the study that discovered this.
Good luck.

Roni
06-22-2003, 08:26 PM
One Step Ahead has a "Dr. Mom's Black Bag". Its dimensions are 8"L x 7 1/2"W x 8"D.

Michelle
07-03-2003, 02:12 PM
A great resource is the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (www.foodallergy.org). They sell little carrying cases specifically designed for Epipens & related meds, along with many other helpful things related to food allergies.

I highly recommend this organization as they've been super helpful to me - I've carried Epipens for my own allergies since they hit the market years ago & now need twice as many b/c my little one has allergies, too!