PDA

View Full Version : Graco Duo Glider

kathy19
06-23-2003, 11:22 AM
Does anyone have the Duo Glider and uses a non-Graco infant car seat with it? I am trying to decide on a double stroller but it says it only accepts the Snug Ride and I have an Evenflo On My Way and I really don't want to buy a new car seat when it was only used with my daughter and it is in perfect shape.

Or do you have the Caravan Lite stroller and suggest that one???

Please help

THanks!!!
Kathy :)

jayhjay
06-25-2003, 07:57 AM
I have the same problem. THe two tandems I am looking at won't take my evenflo car seat. Although I hated it and wouldn't cry too much if I had to replace it. But I am curious if anyone has had any luck using one on the Graco b/c I am hoping to borrow one when #2 is born.

sarsah
06-29-2003, 08:57 PM
I have a Graco Duo Glider and a Century Smart Fit Plus infant seat. I have made them work together, although not extremely well (I got a really, really good deal on the Duo Glider, so that's why I went with it).
Here's what I've done -- I have a 6 week old and a very tall, 38 lb. 3 year old. My 3 year old does not fit in the front seat of the Duo Glider -- he's way too tall to sit there comfortably, but fits ok in the back seat. With the sun shade up on the front seat, I am able to wedge the infant seat into the front seat of the stroller. It is fairly secure, but a little bit difficult to remove the car seat. I have to tilt the seat so that the part of the car seat where the automobile seat belt goes is inside the sun shade.

I've done this several times in the last six week and have not had any problems with it. My 3 year old is pretty much too big to be riding in a stroller anyway, but it's much easier to have him ride rather than chase him through the mall, etc.

Sarah.....Jason & Devin's Mommie