PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a SBS double?

jayhjay
06-25-2003, 04:56 PM
After weeks of reading posts and testing out strollers, I think I have finally decided to get a SBS when #2 is born. I will probably use a borrowed tandem Graco for when I need to travel with both and the car seat. But I would like to get a good double SBS to use w/o the seat when the baby is small, and then continue to use later on. I need something that is mall-friendly. I am looking for an indoor/light walk stroller rather than a jogging-type stroller (I need to get through doors). I have narrowed it down to 3 choices and I would love some feedback from anyone who has used these.

I am considering the Peg Perego Aria Twin, the Combi Twin Savvy, and the Maclaren (not sure which of the two Mac SBS doubles are better).

Here are some issues I am considering when choosing:
- seat recline suitable for a newborn (I see the Aria only does 130 degrees so this might be a problem)
- front napper bar that is removable, ideally each side separately so my toddler can climb in on her own
- seats wide/deep enough to comfortably accomodate a toddler (heard this is a problem with the macs)
- basket size
- obviously size and ease of handling

I have pushed all three around the store, but in the midst of looking at other strollers as well so I didn't give them the full rundown. I will obviously check them out again, but I would be really interested in hearing what others think of these options. Are there any others that fit in this category I should consider? I know KidCo makes something but haven't heard much about it.

Thanks in advance!