PDA

View Full Version : Tricycle Advice- Kettler Kiddio Supertrike?

ggrunloh
07-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Looking for a tricycle for my 2 year old son. I would love one with the push bar. I am leaning towards a trike by Ketter. Any advice on the Kiddio Supertrike 4 or Kalypso Trike and a good place to buy it? FFree shipping would be wonderful!!
Gina-
Chicago, IL

CherylT
07-22-2003, 12:24 PM
We got the Supertrike 4 for DD when she turned 2 - it's great. It's large enough for the child to grow with it, although she wasn't able to use it until she was closer to 2.5 (I don't think she really understood the concept of pedaling and steering until then). My favorite part of it aside from its sturdyness is the rubber wheels - nice and quiet!! She loves loading up the basket in back and pretending she's the icecream man!! We never used the push bar. This trike does not have lockable steering nor a setting so that the pedals don't go around when being pushed, so in my opinion the pushbar is pretty useless - if that is something you want, I'd pick a different trike. To be honest though, I think once a kid can use the trike properly, they aren't going to want you to steer or push them!! I figured for it's limited use, we wouldn't worry about those features. We got ours at TRU. Best of luck to you...

Cheryl
SAHM to Lilli 9/20/00 & Alec 10/21/02