PDA

View Full Version : How to disinfect Pre-Owned Stroller?

Terri
08-08-2003, 11:13 AM
Hi Ladies :) It's been such a long time since I've been around, I forgot my user name & password!

How do you recommend disinfecting a pre-owned stroller? It's supposed to be a Combi Z (7.7 lbs) so the padding should come out, which I'll throw in the washer. But I want to clean the rest of the stroller as well; I'm a little paranoid! (It should arrive Monday.)

I feel badly asking this b/c it seems like most of you have lots of money to spend on these expensive strollers, diaper bags, etc. (which is great!) but I don't unfortunately. The only way I can get my lightweight stroller is by 1) buying used and 2) keeping it hidden from dh! He'll blow a gasket if he finds this one, and we only have TWO already (travel system & jogger)! But you ladies know MEN, ugh!

Thanks,
Terri & Corben 12/19/01

mom2kandj
08-08-2003, 01:02 PM
Call me manic, but....I like to fill up my tub with hot, hot water and oxyclean then put the stroller frame in. Swirl the water around then let it sit for about 30 minutes. If there are stubborn stains, streaks, crud, etc. I use a scrub brush or a nylon scrubbing pad to try and get them out. Drain the tub and then shower the stroller to rinse(hand held nozzle works best). After rinsing the stroller and tub, I shake out the stroller and then put the stroller on a beach towel. I wipe down the stroller and then let it air dry(inside parts need to drip out and dry). In the meantime, handwash your fabric with woolite then hang to dry. By the time your fabric dries(12 - 48 hours) your frame should be ready to go also. Your stroller should look fantastic! Also, make sure to lube the wheels with WD40 and wash the harness straps. As an added measure, you can spray it down with Lysol if needed. HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (32 months)
& Jack (16 months)

Tondi G
08-22-2003, 02:49 PM
I would say take it outside.... wet it down.... get a toothbrush and a scrubby sponge and go to work..... with either Oxiclean or even maybe some regular dishliquid in water.... I bet some johnsons baby shampoo would work too! Then rinse well and wipe down the excess water and let it dry! I just did a good clean up of my stroller and it looked brand new when I was done!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!

redhookmom
08-28-2003, 04:25 PM
Rose,

I think you could start a stroller cleaning business!! I am off to but oxyclean and clean some strollers...

mom2kandj
08-28-2003, 06:21 PM
I was garage sale shopping and then ebaying my finds for awhile! (Clean strollers sell much better! :) ) Then I started keeping them and now DH is complaining about the lack of space in the garage! Anyway, I always feel better putting my babies in a clean stroller as you never know where a used stroller has been or how others take care or don't take care of their strollers!

Rose
mom 2 katie (33 months)
& Jack (16 months)