PDA

View Full Version : Lisa ....Limintzer .... a ? for you!!!!

Tondi G
09-30-2003, 10:38 PM
I saw your SBS comparison down below.... what double did you end up buying? How much does your toddler weigh? My DS is a July 01 baby and he's already 35 lbs.... he still does like to ride in the stroller quite a bit now.... I am just wondering how your toddler fits in the Aria if that is what you decided on!!! Also do you know what the weight limit is per seat... 40 lbs, 45lbs? I know we will want to buy something for those longer days when our then 3 year old will still want to ride! since my son is bigger I wonder if a traditional double will even work for us or if we'll have to start saving now for a Mountain buggy..... I hope my DS will even like it cause he is not fond of sloped seats (like Maclaren and Joggers)! Thanks a bunch!

Tondi, Mason(7/8/01) and #2 edd 6/04!

lmintzer
10-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Hi Tondi. Congratulations on your future arrival! How exciting. We actually haven't purchased yet, because I am waiting to see if the 2004 Aria Twins come out in Jan. (Marilyn from A Running Stroller told me that Peg Perego claims they will be out then. Denise and Alan Fields warn not to trust Peg Perego to be too timely). The reason I am waiting is that there are a few improvements for 2004: a deeper recline (better for a new baby!), integrated child cup holders (I'm imagining these look a lot like the Combi cupholders), a somewhat extended canope, slightly thicker padding, and an even bigger basket. I'll probably go with this stroller if it comes out soon enough and the older version if isn't going to be out until, say, April.

The other new possibility that I read about from the stroller expo in Vegas is a new light-weight Zooper SBS double. This is supposed to be out in December. Strollerqueen really liked this option, so I'll be up for checking it out.

I'm not actually sure of the weight limit on the Aria Twin. I would imagine it is 45 lbs./seat, but I don't know.

A MB is a great stroller (we have the single Urban), but as you mentioned, the seats are sloped, and the double is on the bulky/heavy side. You probably won't do better durability/stability-wise, and the weight limit is quite high (I believe it is 100 lbs. total!). We dealt with the sloped seat issue by adding a Bowron stroller fleece. Others have added a foam wedge behind the child to help them sit up more. DS likes when I undo the shoulder portion of the straps so that he can pull himself to a fully-upright sitting position.

At any rate, we'll probably go with the Aria Twin (either 2004 or 2003 if necessary) and will maybe move to a Peg Perego P3 when ds is ready to stand on a footboard. He's on the shorter side, so there's no way he could do this for a while.

HTH. Good luck with your decision.

Lisa
& Jack, 4/20/01
& Little brother-to-be, e.d.d., 12/15/03

Tondi G
10-02-2003, 12:23 PM
Thanks Lisa!!!!

I emailed Zooper about their double that is coming out and they wrote back saying they can't discuss their 2004 line up yet!!! I just asked what weight each seat will be able to accomodate....oh well!!!! I am alson wondering if the seats will be sloped like the Z-street/Mac style or flat like the Sport!

I am thinking we will probably be going with the Aria..... Dh is very please with Peg after our Pliko..... he even asked me what double we would get and if they made a double pliko???!!!! The only thing that came to mind was the Inglesina Twin Jet.... did you look at this one at all???

thanks again... congrats on your soon to be new arrival!!!!

~Tondi, Mason and #2 in June 04!

lmintzer
10-02-2003, 01:42 PM
Tondi,

What a pain re: Zooper. It's too bad they couldn't provide you with information. What's the deal with being so secretive?

I didn't consider the Twin Jet seriously because of the weight and because of the difficulty (reported on these boards)getting it through some doors. It DOES look really comfy, though.

Would you wait for the 2004 Aria Twin to come out given your due date? You have some time--you could even wait ot see what happens with Zooper. I can certainly understand being anxious to shop. : )

Lisa

Tondi G
10-04-2003, 12:29 AM
yeah... a little annoying about Zooper.... I don't know what the big deal is ... unless they are still testing their product or something!!! Kind of turns me off though..... we'll see when they hit the stores!

I think we'll end up with either a Peg Aria Twin.... I wanna wait for the new model for the deeper recline and better sun shade...we need the most sunshade we can get here in So Calif.!!!! Am I remembering correctly they also made it a bit more padded??? I plan to get one of thsoe snuzzler things for the baby anyways but my DS is picky about strollers... I suppose you could always get a piece of foam cut and slip it under the seat cover couldn't you??? We'll watch DS's growth and it he keeps gaining and growing like he has then we might have to spring for the Mountain Buggy..... I just don't know what our dogs will do in the back of the SUV with that big ol stroller..... I'd hate for them to mess it up!!!!

It's a big waiting game at this point... wait for the new Aria twin and see if DS will even fit in it! Wait for Zooper to release the line or at least info on the line!!! Still haven't had the chance to play with a mountain buggy personally either! We have until June anyways.... I can be patient!

Thanks for your help!
~Tondi