PDA

View Full Version : Higher End Double Strollers- SOS!

DagnyT
10-02-2003, 09:54 AM
Hello. I am considering a double jogging stoller for my 9 week and just recently two year old sons. I have heard so many fantastic things about the Mountain Buggy Urban Double, but in checking out other higher end doubles came upon the Dreamer ditto, and a couple of other "maybes".

Basically I plan to use the stroller for walking- our neighborhood has no sidewalks, and we sometimes cut through yards. We also go downtown for lunch and to the park, museum, and zoo. My husband walks, but neither of us jogs! I was drawn to the joggers for their durability and handling. I have a LARGE trunk so that is not an issue. The Dreamer seems appealing because of the slightly wider seat- my older son is of average weight and height, but has a bit of a bottom! On the other hand the MBUD has swivel wheels and the Dreamer does not.

Any thoughts, input etc... would be really appreciated. It is such a big pourchase and I want it to be the "right" one!

MIM

Tondi G
10-02-2003, 12:27 PM
the only differences to consider are of course the swivel front wheel and the width! If you think you will be tkaing the stroller indoors at any time you might want to go for the mountain buggy.... the Dreamer is a NICE stroller and is wonderful for outdoors but I believe it is wide and won't fit through all doors!!! The other thing I thougth about with a double jogger is the turning.... you have to push down on the handle and baciaslly pick up the front of the stroller to turn without a swivel....... might get kind of heavy after a while!!!! I hear you on the toddler with a large bottom.... my son is the same way..... at 2 years he was 35lbs and 38 inches tall so a big guy all around!!!!

Good Luck with your decision!
~Tondi, Mason (7/8/01) and #2 due June 04!

Tondi G
10-04-2003, 12:32 AM
here is another option for you as well!!!! Lots of people have purchased this one and have been truly satisfied with it!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2349179815&category=2989

Has the swivel front wheel like a MB but not the price tag! Good luck

~Tondi