PDA

View Full Version : Need a double for walking/errands, Instep? purchasing on web?

JRN
10-22-2003, 05:05 PM
Mom of two girls, born July 00 and March 03

I need a double stroller for walking on country roads (no sidewalks here) and errands to mall, etc. I bought the Graco DuoGlider, but the wheels fell off when walking on the road, so I returned it. Now I'm thinking a low-end double jogger may suit my needs better. I have a 3yr old and a 7 mo old. (I almost treated myself to the Mountain Buggy Urban Double, but was crushed when I test drove it with my 3yr old and her head was brushing against the canopy--and she's not even tall for her age! How are other people fitting bigger kids into this stroller??) Anyway, does anyone recommend any of the INSTEP strollers? There are a few kinds and it's hard to distinguish between them. (Unfortunately, they are impossible to find in stores in my area, so no chance to test drive.) Also, do you recommend any reputable bargain web sites for ordering from? I want the stroller ASAP, so don't want big headaches of waiting for weeks on end and so forth.
Thank you very much for your thoughts/advice! Our best resource is each other!