PDA

View Full Version : Wagon??

MI_MOM2
10-24-2003, 12:33 PM
I am interested in purchasing a wagon for my 2 yr old. Any recommendations? I am contemplating several brands -- Little Tikes v. Step 1 v. Radio Flyer, and I don't want to spend over $100 on ATV. Hearing the pros & cons on what you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Thatchermom
10-26-2003, 07:58 PM
We love our Radio Flyer Discovery wagon. It comes in both an air-filled tire and solid rubber tire version. Ours is the solid rubber (not noisy plastic) and is cheaper than the air tire, so I can't speak to the difference in ride between the two.

With the sides off, I am able to fit both my wagon and London umbrella stroller in the trunk of my older Honda Accord. It is HUGE, fits several toddlers upright and is long enough for my tall DS to lay down in. Like you will read on reviews for it, it has the turning radius of an 18 wheeler, but at least its wheels are quiet and rubber. We loved it this summer to walk to the park, take a side off and both sit in our private "bench" for lunch, stash our stuff in the "trunk" and go in the wading pool...

Just checked Amazon/Toysrus and their current price of $59 is nearly half of most other retailers (and $20 less than we paid in June)...they say theirs is "exclusive", but after researching we couldn't find anything different than the regular 2600 model.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005KBVH/102-5758727-6233764?v=glance

pamela mom of 3
10-28-2003, 12:52 PM
We have the radio flyer all terrain wagon, it has air wheels and wooden sides. We went this route because we live rual and were sick of the plastic wheel ones being eaten up by the gravel drive ;)

I know they make many types tho so does depend on your needs but overall we have been pleased with this model..we've had it since the summer of 2000....we did have step 2 ones in the past not bad but better for more smooth surfaces etc.

:)
http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

sarasprings
11-03-2003, 11:09 AM
We got a metal/wood one with rubber wheels from a farm and tractor store (it changed ownership, but used to be called Central Tractor). It is relatively big and I think may even have shock absorbers. The wooden part is screwed on, though, so it doesn't come off quickly. It saved us about $80 from the cheapest price I could find on a comparable Radio Flyer. In general, though, I do like buying from Radio Flyer when I can afford it because there customer service is excellent.