PDA

View Full Version : MAC 3 vs. Mountain Buggy

LC
11-04-2003, 12:34 PM
I just bought a MAC3 and think we are going to return it. I love the styling, but the straps are too big for my 14-mnth-old boy. Plus, it tends to bear to the left. I called Maclaren and they said to return it to the store or they would replace it--apparently I'm not the first one with an alignment problem. And there's nothing they can do about the dangerous harness. Is anyone else having difficulties with a MAC3?

I'm thinking about getting the Mountain Buggy Urban instead. Does anyone love/hate it???? Many thanks.

Liz041302
11-08-2003, 09:17 PM
Just wanted to say that I have a MB Urban Single, and love it.

No problem with straps and steers on a dime. I have heard that some people have trouble with the front wheel spontaneously locking into fixed-wheel mode when it is in swivel mode, but that has only happened to me twice in all the times I have used it. It is extremely rugged and well-constructed.

I originally desired something more plush with more "upgrades" so to speak, but am really glad I went with my Mountain Buggy...not that it is perfect. It is much too bulky and unwieldy folded to take on the subway or bus and there are many stores where I live where it is difficult to use it just because it is a tad wide.

Still I love it for walks/jogs in the park and even shopping around my neighborhood. My son is around average size and I bought my MB when he was 12 months old. Hope that helps, Liz